Editing Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
How long after a post is made can you edit it without the post showing that it was edited?

I think it is longer than that, lets see :)

EDIT @ 2 minutes. EDIT @ 4 minutes. EDIT @ 5 minutes.
EDIT @ 6 minutes. EDIT @ 8 minutes. EDIT @ 9 minutes.
EDIT @ 10 minutes. EDIT @ 11 minutes.

Last edited:
I know it is longer than 5 minutes. I have seen it happen at least 9 min after the post occurred.

Yea, in my experience, I've found it to be about 10 minutes.
And I think that length of time is fine.
On another vBulletin forum I use, it's maybe 2 minutes, and that is way too short!

But, I tend to re-read, correct, embellish, and add links to my posts, so the 10 minutes is appreciated.

it's been changed?

I just saw a fresh post with an edit time of 2 minutes later.
Comments? -
Mine is in the post above.

I think it also has something to do with whether or not someone else looks at the post before you attempt to edit it?

That has nothing to do with it as my orginal question had a post that was quoted in mine changed after I posted a reply. That is what prompted the orginal question.

I think ten minutes is fair; and if there is something that you need to change, just report it to the mods, and we'll fix it for you.

I think ten minutes is fair; and if there is something that you need to change, just report it to the mods, and we'll fix it for you.

You can still change it after 10 minutes. The problem was that it could be changed without noting at the bottom of the post that it was changed after people had quoted the message.

Just to know if I may; what has happened that makes this such an issue? I would like to see the length down to say 2 mins or up to when someone quotes it.

Just to know if I may; what has happened that makes this such an issue? I would like to see the length down to say 2 mins or up to when someone quotes it.

Its not a huge issue. It was just a question that was asked.

if someone quotes a post the quoted text in the new post stays the same. If someone edits a post the quote does not change.

The biggest problem with long edit times is it can completely change a topic or throw everything off. but 10mins is decent gives you plent of time to go back reread and edit as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)