EHD and SlingAdapter on same receiver?

mheckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Sorry if this has been asked - I did a search and didn't find "EHD" and "Sling" together.

I just used an EHD to back up recordings on my old 722 and restore them to a new 722K. I'm pretty sure I didn't have the Sling Adapter connected during this process.

Later, after having the SlingAdapter connected (rear USB), I tried re-connecting the EHD (front USB), but I couldn't get the receiver to recognize it. It showed up on the "System Info" screen (Menu 6-1-3), but not in the "Multimedia" menu (DVR option 6).

Is there an issue with the EHD not being the only USB device? Or did I get the connection sequence wrong? I tried unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in with the EHD already attached, as I thought that was the correct order to do things.

Note: My sling is plugged into my rear port.

unplug EHD from receiver.
turn off power on EHD.
wait a min or so
turn on power on EHD
Wait a min or so
Plug EHD cable into receiver.
Wait a few seconds, until message pops up
Should say something like, "You have plugged in a USB multimedia device do you want to use it"
If that is the message then all is good.

If you get a mesage that says "you have plugged in an unrecognozed device..."
Unplug EHD and try sequence again.

Last edited:
If you use a USB hub please make sure its a POWERED USB hub, as the receiver bare has enough power to power one USB device through its USB port. :)

Sorry if this has been asked - I did a search and didn't find "EHD" and "Sling" together.

I just used an EHD to back up recordings on my old 722 and restore them to a new 722K. I'm pretty sure I didn't have the Sling Adapter connected during this process.

Later, after having the SlingAdapter connected (rear USB), I tried re-connecting the EHD (front USB), but I couldn't get the receiver to recognize it. It showed up on the "System Info" screen (Menu 6-1-3), but not in the "Multimedia" menu (DVR option 6).

Is there an issue with the EHD not being the only USB device? Or did I get the connection sequence wrong? I tried unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in with the EHD already attached, as I thought that was the correct order to do things.

Thanks! I'll give this a shot when I get home.

Scott> No hub, just a (powered) EHD plugged into the front port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts