EHD Compatibility - 622 to 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
If I replace my 622 with a 722K, will the 900 Mb of EHD recordings I have on my WD hardrive be able to be viewed with the 722K? A live chat and a telecon with a CSR say no, it will have to be reformatted. I thought I had seen in a previous thread that Dish could ping the new receiver to get it to read the 622 info on the hard drive? I searched but could not find the info. Also, it looks like I will have to pay $439 for the upgrade. They said Dish-It-Up was no longer available for this. I'll just buy one from the Dishstore if I decide to updgrade. Ay help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Should see it fine

The CSR can (can seriously be retarded) is bull of sh**. After you activate on your account it will see you ext HDD will be seen just fine. If there is a problem you would need to call in and have them send a hit to the new DVR to update the info.

I don't believe there is no Dish it Up for a 722K. It could be, however, that you are not past a year since your last upgrade? If not, call and get another CSR.

If you had an EHD on a 722 and got your account deactivated, can you view the content on another 622/722 that has EHD functionality active or had it active and was shut off? If I chose to leave Dish Network, I would hate to lose all that content on the external hard drive and it would be time consuming to record all of that content to DVD's or to play the content back to a computer to record it to an external hard drive that way which require the purchase of another one the same size to send the data to.

No

If you had an EHD on a 722 and got your account deactivated, can you view the content on another 622/722 that has EHD functionality active or had it active and was shut off? If I chose to leave Dish Network, I would hate to lose all that content on the external hard drive and it would be time consuming to record all of that content to DVD's or to play the content back to a computer to record it to an external hard drive that way which require the purchase of another one the same size to send the data to.
No if your account is deactivate that's it. The ext HDD will not play on another account. It is only good for the account that it is activated on.

I upgraded from a 622 to a 722K, EHD works fine. I got a hell of a deal on the upgrade, but I wasn't under contract at the time.
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided
(03) Simon V.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Me: Thanks
(03) Simon V.: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Terrence.
(03) Simon V.: What type of receiver are you interested in? A standard receiver or a High Definition one?
Me: Well I have a 622 now, I'm interested in the 722K with the OTA module. I saw online dish n it up for 75 dollars shipped.
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
(03) Simon V.: Let me check this for you.
Network connection re-established.
(03) Simon V.: I have checked the information for you.
Me: Thanks
(03) Simon V.: The charge to add VIP 722 receiver is $125.
(03) Simon V.: Only the requirement you have to sign up for 24 month commitment and a valid credit card.
(03) Simon V.: If the commitment is not fulfilled, you will be subjected to a $360 cancellation fee or a prorated charge of $15.00 a month for the remaining months of the agreement.
Me: That's not what it shows online for a shipped 722.
Me: I also need the OTA module, is that included?
(03) Simon V.: I am sorry, no.
(03) Simon V.: The charge $125.00 is only for the receiver.
Me: You're not a lot of help at this point, how much is the OTA module then?
(03) Simon V.: Let me check this for you.
Me: Are you telling me that the website is wrong and that I have to pay 125.00 instead of 75.00?
(03) Simon V.: Please give me a moment.
Me: Is there someone else I can chat with?
Me: I would think the price should be the same as on the website.
Me: The reason I need the OTA is because Dish doesn't carry my local channels in HD
Me: I don't need installation, I can hookup the receiver myself.
(03) Simon V.: For better I am transferring the chat to loyalty team.
Me: Thanks!
(03) Simon V.: Please be online while I get connected to loyalty department.
Me: You understand I want to replace the 622 right?
Me: I'm not going anywhere
(03) Simon V. has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (20) Loyalty-HiL HDesk department to assist you.
You have been connected to (18) Greg K.
Me: Hi Greg!
(18) Greg K: Hi, Terrence.
(18) Greg K: How are you tonight?
Me: So far so good.
(18) Greg K: Glad to hear it. It looks like you had some questions about the 722 and the OTA module, correct?
Me: Yep!
(18) Greg K: I can answer those for you.
Me: Can you read the rest of the chat or do I need to start over?
(18) Greg K: No, that's okay. I'll look it over.
(18) Greg K: I could actually get you an OTA Module at no cost.
Me: Thanks.
(18) Greg K: And the 722... I could do that at no cost for you as well.
Me: Great. What do we need to do now?
(18) Greg K: I'll get the OTA set up first, and then I'll go over what's required with the upgrade.
Me: OK.
(18) Greg K: Thanks, Terrence.
Me: No prob.
(18) Greg K: With any upgrade we do ask for 2 things: a 24 month commitment, and since it's a leased receiver, we do ask to verify a credit card.
(18) Greg K: However, since these chats are accessible, I can't ask you to put that info in.
Me: OK
(18) Greg K: I would need you to call my department directly , but for the inconvenience, I'm also going to give you $15 off a month for the next 12 months.
Me: Sounds great.
Me: Will they have this info or will I have to go through it again?
(18) Greg K: They will know what to set you up with.
(18) Greg K: Just make sure you mention my operator ID.
Me: Sounds good.
(18) Greg K: And I will take care of the $15 off for you.
Me: Great, I really appreciate your help.
(18) Greg K: We appreciate your business. Have a great night.
Me: Thanks, you too.
(18) Greg K: Thank you.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

It looks like I need to call back for a different CSR and try and negotiate for a new 722K. It also looks like the EHD compatibilty is NOT an issue. Thanks for everyone's help.

ripnbigc-Just curious, how long ago did this chat/upgrade take place?:confused:Was it before February? There are no longer any Dish'n Up options shown on accounts since then. From several posts here I got the impression that they won't work with you like this anymore. I called in January & could have upgraded my 622 to a 722K for free (had to pay for the module though) with a new agreement. Only reason I didn't was they insisted on sending a tech to do it and wouldn't ship it directly to me.

Ed

What is going on that is messing all the CSRs and everyone up is that dish has changed the dish'in it up rules three times since the first of the year. First there was a charge, then they lowered it, then there was no charge, then there was a charge but only for some receivers, now for plan A customers there is only a charge if they want a 922 (plan B customers still have a charge but only on certain receivers).

This is what I understand to be the situation:

Dish now considers the 622, 722 and 722k to be all the same receiver, they are all listed as a HD DUO DVR and you can no longer be assured which the tech will install for you.

I.E., there is no longer any way in the ordering system to specify which you want.

ripnbigc-Just curious, how long ago did this chat/upgrade take place?:confused:Was it before February? There are no longer any Dish'n Up options shown on accounts since then. From several posts here I got the impression that they won't work with you like this anymore. I called in January & could have upgraded my 622 to a 722K for free (had to pay for the module though) with a new agreement. Only reason I didn't was they insisted on sending a tech to do it and wouldn't ship it directly to me.

Ed

It was the end of Feb. They wouldn't send it, had to have an install.

I am also interested in upgrading from a 622 to a 722k. I am still trying to decide if I want to lease or buy a 722k. I have read that the 722k has a Slingbox option. It sounds like I may need to play "Customer Service Roulette" if I decide to upgrade to a leased 722k!

The 922 has sling built in. The 722k does not. Now if they add the tv everywhere adapter to it in June , it too can have sling. In fact any vip dvr with this adapter will have sling. The hd media extender + the tv everywhere adapter , will allow tv2 in HD for any vip hd dvr in another room if it is released in June too. This extender will work for the 922 as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)