EHD for 211K?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

poops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
If possible, I'd like to record programs to an EHD connected to my new 211K receiver. Can anyone recommend a good reliable EHD to use with the 211K?

Thanks!

I have an old WD My Book connected to my 211. 400 gb shows up as 40 hours of HD recording. But I have a combination of HD/SD of 23 hours and it still shows 32 hours of HD/129DS available. I'm on the earc.

I have three WD external hard drives on my receivers and have never had a problem with any of them. You can only go up to a 1 tb drive on a 211k.

Someone correct me if i am wrong! But, when selecting a EHD. Does it need to have it's own external power supply and not rely on the 211's USB port to power up? Correct?

I have an old WD My Book connected to my 211. 400 gb shows up as 40 hours of HD recording. But I have a combination of HD/SD of 23 hours and it still shows 32 hours of HD/129DS available. I'm on the earc.

I did a analysis (unscientific) about the new capacity. The numbers given are for MPEG2. HD from satellite (which is MPEG4 on both arcs) is 5:1 ratio (5 minutes recording shows 1 minute used)

Here is that post (I'm on Western Arc so the only difference is if you record a SD programming on EA is MPEG4 vs MPEG2 on WA)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ternal-hard-drive-capacity-2.html#post2694010

But that just shows what the hard drive shows after formatting it. The numbers are based on MPEG2 SD and not MPEG4
As noted in my post when I recorded MPEG4 it was a 5:1 ratio....5 minutes of MPEG4 HD recording took up 1 minute in the "capacity". SD MPEG2 was the only one that was right