EHD Not Recgonized on Hoppers

bobsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Alpena, MI
I have a single 2TB EHD connected to my Hoppers since they were installed (I have two Hoppers). Originally, both Hoppers saw the EHD perfectly and I transferred files from the EHD to the Hoppers. Now, suddenly and for no apparent reason, neither Hopper sees the EHD. I have unplugged both the power and the USB cable and plugged them back in but no reaction from the Hoppers. Normally, it would tell me that I have installed a new USB device but no longer seems to do it. I have also done complete resets of both Hoppers (unplugged and replugged after delay). Nothing is working. I know the drive is working as I can feel it power up. There are still video recordings on the EHD I want to transfer but I can't do it. Any suggestions?

Oh, by the way, the EHD is a Seagate Backup Plus 2TB drive that was formatted by the original Hoppers I had (non-sling) and it did work on the new Hoppers w/sling when I upgraded.

Last edited:
Spinning drives have been known to fail. If this were on a computer I would recommend Seagates diagnostic software. It is awkward to use on a Hopper.
If you complain to Seagate and it is still under warranty, they will tell you to send it in, they will diagnose the problem and return it repaired or replaced and reformatted wit no data remaining.
Some folk here could hook it to a Linux machine and diagnose it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)