EHD recognized but shows no content

sgt940

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I have 4 EHDs that I have used flawlessly on multiple receivers, including the Hopper 3 which I have had about a year. Today the one I had plugged when you hit the DVR button it shows the drive however when you click on it there is not content, no empty boxes nothing, this was working yesterday. I tried the other 3 drives that have always worked forever and same thing. When you plug them in they are recognized immediately with you have plug in an EHD, go to DVR and they are there but clicking on them shows no content. Interesting though is the % full indicator is accurate one of them showing 90% full another 41% but still no items in the guide. They also recognized being disconnected. Should add did front panel reset and 2 power cord resets, no luck.
Please give me some ideas here.

Spent 2 hours on the phone, first lady was power fail etc. ask for advance technical support and I could tell from the back ground noise they simply transferred me to someone else in the Philippines call center. Same run around told me they would turn it over to engineering and at some point they would send software update. Than ask to be transferred to U.S. reluctantly they did. He had no answers as well. One day 3 working EHD next day none work, recognizes and shows percent full on disk but no content, lets you attempt to transfer new recording to them but gets stuck on calculating time. I promised my self that after one year of no locals/ABC/NBC if they didn't have them back by Jan 1 I was moving to Direct they could take me to court. Well locals back back on January 1st but same day this disaster. This is one 20 year customer that has just about had enough. Used to they had an executive hotline you could call, ask about that and was told doesn't exist, only option wait and wait and wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)