EHD Transfer Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
I asked this same question a few weeks ago about transferring my EHD content from my old 722 to my new Hopper. Everyone said no problem and they were correct. Today my neighbor received a new 722 to replace their old one that crapped out. When they attached the WD EHD to the new 722 a message came up on screen saying the EHD could only be used with the old 722. They called "E" and were told the problem is not with "E" and they should call WD. WD told them the problem was because of copy right infringements blocks built into the material on the EHD. This makes no sense to me. Why could I transfer to a Hopper but not a replacement 722? Copy right infringement? Please. They only have TV content, no movies.

I asked this same question a few weeks ago about transferring my EHD content from my old 722 to my new Hopper. Everyone said no problem and they were correct. Today my neighbor received a new 722 to replace their old one that crapped out. When they attached the WD EHD to the new 722 a message came up on screen saying the EHD could only be used with the old 722. They called "E" and were told the problem is not with "E" and they should call WD. WD told them the problem was because of copy right infringements blocks built into the material on the EHD. This makes no sense to me. Why could I transfer to a Hopper but not a replacement 722? Copy right infringement? Please. They only have TV content, no movies.

Send me a PM with the phone/account number and I should be able to correct this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts