EHD transfer problem

horseshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a large number of programs on my hopper which I cannot transfer to my EHD because they don't show up when trying to transfer. Most were recorded using PAT and been saved more than 8 days, some several months. When just looking at the shows they appear but when selecting transfer they are not there.

I have tried with folder on and off and sort by date and DVR title. There is a scroll bar on the right but I can only scroll part way down. It appears that if I could scroll the entire list I could see those shows but I don't see any way to do it.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have a large number of programs on my hopper which I cannot transfer to my EHD because they don't show up when trying to transfer. Most were recorded using PAT and been saved more than 8 days, some several months. When just looking at the shows they appear but when selecting transfer they are not there.

I have tried with folder on and off and sort by date and DVR title. There is a scroll bar on the right but I can only scroll part way down. It appears that if I could scroll the entire list I could see those shows but I don't see any way to do it.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm seeing the same thing here on a HWS and a regular Hopper. I started a thread about it some time ago that seemed to go nowhere. I don't know if nobody else sees the problem or what. I hope they fix it soon. Here's the thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.com/threads/322041-Prime-Time-to-EHD

Try to get them to the top of the "list". Use Date, Episode, or A-Z.

If you are near full on a disk it may start the transfer but it only checks the total space.
When it transfers it expects that much contiguous space but with only smaller blocks it might not find that.
Transfer as many as you can and try again now with what is left.

Delete some before the transfer if you can. Add the larger ones first. This is if you are cramped for space.

You might also try transferring with No Folders. This may give access to more of the "list". Again by each mode.
-Ken

Thanks, but I've pretty much tried all of that. I've sorted by way available and different directions, and I'm not that cramped for space on either hopper or any of my EHDs. This happens on both the HWS and the original hopper. The HWS doesn't have PAT enabled and only about 20 recordings on it. If this was my computer I would use the mouse to grab the scroll bar and pull it down but there is no way to grab it. Quite annoying, I never had issues like this with either my 622 or 612. Surely there has to be more users out there with this problem.

You do know you can use Page Up/Dn to go thru the icons.
I've had times when it was limited to 20-30 icons. Later it had more. Don't know why.
As I said different sorts and especially turning off folders may help.
I have had up to 1500 recordings on a drive but it is better to avoid that many.
These were in only say 20 folders by name--lots of 1/2 hr and 1hr episodes.
Most of my drives have 2hr movies--less items used but more titles.
-Ken

I tried move by page, I guess I forgot to mention it in my orginal post. Since they tout this feature you would think they would want to make it actually work.

I have had this problem since I got my Hoppers a year and a half ago.
i have asked about it hear before and tried all the variations, but no joy. It will only show about 55 icons and those that are omitted simply cannot be transferred.

i would love to hear a real solution.

Bit by bit. Only way today. Might be fixed with an optional list mode.

I still think its important to be able to name or label EHDs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm transferring recordings to EHDs as I get ready for my HWS upgrades on Friday. I'm having this same issue - can't see all the recordings in the "transfer screen."

Just got the new software for the HWS and this EHD Transfer problem has not been fixed. :(

Heck, The tech. that installed my two Hoppers today called Dish and tried his best to help me by asking how could I connect my two EHD's . They told him if my EHD had recordings from a 722 I could forget it. They said my EHD's were useless even if they were filled with Recordings. After the Tech left bewildered, I hooked them up and they are working fine. I am glad I did not listen to the Dish. Rep. and canned my EHD's.

Gotta love them CSRs!

Even if they had Dish DVRs, I don't think they'd learn anything from them. Some of them, anyway.

But I've had mostly good luck with CSRs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've had the same issue (have original hopper w/o sling), but I figured out a way to get it to work most of the time. There are two things I've noticed that work to make the whole list viewable and able to be transferred to an EHD (except primetime anytime shows which are only able to be transferred after however many days PTAT is set for and they are transferred from PTAT folder). Sometimes I only need to do one of these but a lot of times I have to do both.
First tv needs to be in live mode not paused or playing back a recorded program and not recording anything.
Second thing is go to the DVR menu, click the edit button on the top and select all programs, then select protect to mark all shows protected (note that by protecting all programs it will reset all programs back to the beginning of the episode, if you had any that were paused in the middle).
Then go straight to transfer list and all programs on DVR should be there and you should be able to scroll down to the bottom of the list and transfer whatever shows you want. Occasionally only one of the sort by methods (a-z or by date) will work completely and the other may stop a little short of the bottom when scrolling down, but so far I been able to get it to work.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)