EHD

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
My 722 just started having issues with rebooting several times on it's own. This particular unit isn't used that much but my wife has several episodes of something on it and she doesn't want to lose it. My question is I have a EHD on my other unit and I want to put one on the 722 to transfer programming. I already paid the fee a long time ago, so I shouldn't have to pay again? The 722 should recognize a EHD and transfer with no problem? Thanks

The 722 should recognize a EHD and transfer with no problem? Thanks
Yes, as long as your "other" unit is a 612/622/722. If it's a 211, you will have to pay another EDH activation in that they are not compatible.

If you paid the fee for both receivers, ( $40 x 2 ), there should not be a problem. When I signed up, DISH wanted to charge me $40 for EACH receiver in my house. I had to argue with 2 different CS idiots that I only wanted ONE receiver authorized. When my bill came, guess what. $40 charged for each receiver. I finally got all of the fees except for one taken off. Geeezzzzz. :rant:

If you paid the fee for both receivers, ( $40 x 2 ), there should not be a problem. When I signed up, DISH wanted to charge me $40 for EACH receiver in my house. I had to argue with 2 different CS idiots that I only wanted ONE receiver authorized. When my bill came, guess what. $40 charged for each receiver. I finally got all of the fees except for one taken off. Geeezzzzz. :rant:

It was my understanding that Dish only charged ONE $40 fee per account and all the DVRs other than the VIP211 would be authorized for EHD use.

It was my understanding that Dish only charged ONE $40 fee per account and all the DVRs other than the VIP211 would be authorized for EHD use.

You understand correctly. HighDefRev obviously got an improperly trained CSR.

I thought this was the case. One fee for an account and not each unit. It has been awhile and I couldn't remember. Thanks

Fees

I thought this was the case. One fee for an account and not each unit. It has been awhile and I couldn't remember. Thanks

Yes, that was my understanding also. Even on DISH's website there is nothing about $40 per receiver. Anyway, I got it all straightened out and my EHD is working like a charm. I can store hundreds of movies on it without fear of writing over any of them with a new recording. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)