Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
As we have done in the past years please post the election feeds that you find in this thread.

This allows all our FTA'ers (even those without blind scan receivers) to catch feeds from various election points
local
state
federal

We know there will be tons of them this year for the historic election so post away :)
(and dont worry if its already been posted...I have a feeling there will be oodles of feeds on dang near all satellites)

I remember the primary's - it seemed all the birds were active. I can only imagine tonight - might need to "cool" the receiver down :)

Bet on 72.0 being lit up. It was last night with Mc cain rally. I can post tp's and s/r s tonight when I get home.

Election Feeds in Europe

Here is info for those in Europe wishing to monitor U.S.Election Feeds, Again there are so many so I will give just a few.First of using MPeg 4:2:2 7deg East 11362V s/r 4434 US Arte. 11013V s/r6666 Fio1WSHT. 11106V s/r 6666 Fio6WSHT. 11060H 6666 Fio2BRLN. Now onto 15deg West for the NBC feeds all in NTSC 11524H s/r 1500 7/8 DAD2. 11516H s/r 3744 7/8 DAD4. 11526H s/r 3198 7/8 DAD5. 11531H s/r 3198 7/8 MSNBC.

I will certainly be watching the election coverage this evening. But I have sort of a dumb question: What is it about the election feeds that will hold the viewer's interest? Let me explain...

If there is a breaking news story going on in some other part of the country (hurricane, Calif wild fires, coal miners trapped) I could easily get sucked into watching feeds from that geographic area, and watch them for an extended time.

Tonight, all of the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox...) and certainly the News channels (CNN, MSNBC,...) are all going to have complete coverage, ad nauseum. I curious about what we will be able to watch in the feeds that makes them particularly interesting. ....other than the lack of commercials.

Is there still a rule that the networks aren't permitted to broadcast results in a local area until the polls have closed? If so, I could see the west coast folks tuning into feeds to get the east coast action early.

I could certainly pop around and get feeds from other locations with localized election results, but do I really care how the senate race in Idaho is going?

I will probably check out the election feeds myself tonight. But I am still curious about everyone else's reason for seeking out the feeds.

HD feed from Biltmore Hotel - Phoenix - DVB-S2

AMC 5
12064 H 8400 2/3 FEC
Vpid 308 Apid 256 PCR 8190
4:2:0 HD
DVB-S2

I think this is a CNN feed.

Sometimes you can get a perspective or an insight from a feed that you just don't get from the polished broadcast!

Hearst-Argyle Washington DC feeds on 89 West (Galaxy 28)
12.192H 2.784
Vpid 0308 Apid 0256 PPID 8910
4:2:0 SD
DVB
Misc campaign related feeds (mostly Obama and Biden this AM)

To WEC4104 being a Brit it is very interesting to see how things are done in the USA, Ok we allso have lots of coverage over here and I can also watch the coverage via MSNBC but watching the feeds gives an even greater insight as to what is happenning leading up to the On Air transmissions and allso when offair ,As I am sure you must realise that a lot of what actually happens is never put out live. Example I have just been monitoring 7deg East with a Washington feed on 11144V s/r 6666 to Polish TV POL 35 AGENCJA INFORMACJI where they are having a McCain Party and the Guests are being interviewed whilst dancing on the floor also having dificultys with language interpritation, then turning over to 11153V s/r 6666 and finding an Obama Party with similar activity,also still on the same Sat finding out what the Japanese think of it all on an NTSC feed for NHK at 11070H s/r 6666, and then turning to a Turkish feed on 11070H 6666 outside the White House,O and then there is the German feed amongst many many German feeds on 11106H s/r 6666 all giving there own Interpretation on the Election. All very interesting stuff,the sort of thing that you can never see on regular tv. By the way in case you don't allready know ,the U.S. Election has generated a terrific ammount of interest all over Europe and the Middle East with lots of programming out of the U.S. to all of us over here.

Don't forget about russian today and the english al-jazere( if I spelled it right) for a Unique look at who AMERICA chose for there next president. I think these are on 97.0

1 more day and this US election stuff is over? W00t.It's only been like a year on CNN.Ours was over in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
what was cool was AMC-16 and AMC-15 wall-to-wall with feeds (I bet this is a world record for Echostar SAC accesses in one night!). Even VIP-TV was taken down to provide sat space for election feeds.

I found French and Arabic reporter feeds on Satmex 6 Ku - probably from McCain's HQ as I'm not sure if Satmex-6 Ku reaches up to Chicago for Obama HQ.

If they were able to take down VIP TV, does that mean they have no customers for VIP TV yet after one year in business?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts