Election Night Mix Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The articles states "The Election Mix will replace the News Mix on DIRECTV channels 102 and 352 and will be available in both standard-definition and HD."

DIRECTV Customers Count On Mix Channel For Election Night Coverage

Press Release from DirecTV:
Viewers Can See Live Coverage from Eight Top Networks On One
Screen and Real-time Election Blog

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct 21, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- As the drama of the historic 2008 Presidential election unfolds Nov. 4, DIRECTV will offer its customers a new way to get the most out of live election night coverage through an interactive Election Mix Channel. This unique channel will feature eight network feeds on one screen and a real-time election blog that will track the announcements and analysis on each channel as votes are counted, exit polling data is evaluated and electoral count projections roll in.
Compliments of DIRECTV, the Election Mix will include each of the four broadcast networks and other leading news channels -- CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and alternating feeds of Comedy Central (when it's doing live election coverage) and BBC America -- all on one screen.

Adopting the same award-winning interactive technology that has propelled the popularity of its sports programming, DIRECTV will enable customers with interactive receivers to highlight any one of the eight channels on the screen to listen to the audio on that channel, and then to select any highlighted cell to watch full screen. The Election Mix will replace the News Mix on DIRECTV channels 102 and 352 and will be available in both standard-definition and HD.
At the bottom of the 2008 Election Mix, DIRECTV will show live blog posts updating viewers on the networks' exit polling data, electoral count projections, results from significant Senate races, gubernatorial contests, ballot initiatives, and noteworthy news and quotes from reporters, analysts, and the candidates themselves.

"With record-setting voter turnout expected at the polls and tens of millions of viewers tuning in to watch the results of this historic election, the idea of offering the Election Mix as a service to our customers was a no-brainer," said Eric Shanks, executive vice president, Entertainment, DIRECTV, Inc. "The interactive Mix channels have proven value for fans of our sports subscription services, and we believe the Election Mix will serve the same purpose here, helping viewers navigate the mosaic of news coverage, analysis and commentary of the shifting drama. They'll be able to call it a night, knowing they haven't missed a thing -- and they saw it in vivid DIRECTV HD."
The 2008 Election Mix service will begin Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT and continue until the end of the broadcast day at 6 a.m. ET/3 a.m. PT. If events warrant, DIRECTV may extend the coverage.

The election blog, offering real-time posts from each network, will begin as polls in the East close and network begin coverage and will continue until the presidential election has been decided.
About DIRECTV

DIRECTV, Inc. (NASDAQ:DTV), the nation's leading satellite television service provider, presents the finest television experience available to more than 17.1 million customers in the United States and is leading the HD revolution with more than 130 HD channels -- more quality HD channels than any other television provider. Each day, DIRECTV subscribers enjoy access to over 265 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, industry-leading customer satisfaction (which has surpassed all national cable companies for eight years running) and superior technologies that include advancedDVR and HD-DVR servicesand the most state-of-the-art interactive sports packages available anywhere. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit directv.com.

SOURCE: DIRECTV, Inc.
DIRECTV, Inc.

Robert Mercer,
Jade Ekstedt,
Copyright Business Wire 2008
News Provided by COMTEX

Last edited:
If I can pull myself away from Little Big Planet and "The Shield" for a few seconds I may check this out.

If there's 8 screens, why are they only dealing with 4 stations with 2 of them sharing time? What are the other 4 going to show?

If I can pull myself away from Little Big Planet and "The Shield" for a few seconds I may check this out.

If there's 8 screens, why are they only dealing with 4 stations with 2 of them sharing time? What are the other 4 going to show?

It's the four major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) in addition to the cable networks listed...

I'll be going local that night but it's nice that they're thinking of us. Or maybe they've found a way to sell ad time on that mix?! (I'll really be watching my Miami Redhawks takin' a whoopin at the hands of the Buffalo Bulls on ESPN2)

Some clarification from DirecTV:

There will actually be two feeds for election mix - Standard Def on 102 and HD on 352.
The Election Mix will include each of the four broadcast networks as wel as CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and alternating feeds of Comedy Central (when it's doing live election coverage) and BBC America.

Coverage will begin at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on November 4th and continue until at least 6:00 AM (Eastern Time) November 5th. If needed, DIRECTV may extend the coverage.

As long as I can still have channels that have absolutely positively nothing to do with the election, have fun with your mix channel. :D

I'll be going local that night but it's nice that they're thinking of us. Or maybe they've found a way to sell ad time on that mix?! (I'll really be watching my Miami Redhawks takin' a whoopin at the hands of the Buffalo Bulls on ESPN2)

Come on over to the good side, HDinCincy. :)

Go Bearcats!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)