Election Night Mix Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All three of the local networks (Chicago) switched over to the local affiliates instead of the great national desk crews. Just blows watching them on the mix then when you switch to the actual channel we get the Chicago local.

I thought the mix was great. Especially with the instantaneous switch of the audio. Bravo for providing a great value added service!

I thought the mix was great too. Couldn't have watched it if it weren't HD, but then I can't watch much of anything that's not HD any more.

I thought the mix was great. Especially with the instantaneous switch of the audio. Bravo for providing a great value added service!

Realizing of course that this was just the news mix channel that is always there, repackaged as the election mix channel. Nothing new, nothing special.

I'll add some annoying parts about election mix HD on 352-

1- Too small... Six boxes instead of eight would have been better. Dropping the non-HD MSNBC and BBC America/Comedy Central, since they are not in HD.

2- Watching the broadcast networks in the little window was nice, until you went to switch to one of the networks and got your local station of Fox for example, not broadcasting the same thing (since they were switching between local and national results). For one NIGHT, they could have given us the master feeds of the broadcast networks on a full channel.

2- Watching the broadcast networks in the little window was nice, until you went to switch to one of the networks and got your local station of Fox for example, not broadcasting the same thing (since they were switching between local and national results). For one NIGHT, they could have given us the master feeds of the broadcast networks on a full channel.

I thought this was only true in the Chicago markets. In Chicago, all the major networks went local three hours before Obama took the stage & all they showed was the grant park stage/supporters. I found myself actually watching the little boxes on the mix channel because they were the national desk teams. I really thought they would open up the national feeds for this day so we could watch the A teams. I also really missed Tim Russert this year (RIP).

I thought this was only true in the Chicago markets. In Chicago, all the major networks went local three hours before Obama took the stage & all they showed was the grant park stage/supporters. I found myself actually watching the little boxes on the mix channel because they were the national desk teams. I really thought they would open up the national feeds for this day so we could watch the A teams. I also really missed Tim Russert this year (RIP).

I think the national broadcast networks set aside a certain amount of time each hour for local updates. They don't normally take over the whole last part of the evening. I'm sure that part of it was just Chicago because Obama is from there. But, it seemed that every time I saw something interesting on ABC, CBS, or Fox, I'd select it to see it bigger and get my local feed doing a commercial or local updates. This wasn't a big deal, because I pretty much watched Fox News Channel HD and some CNN HD, but it seemed like every time I went back to the election mix, I'd see something interesting on the broadcast networks, select it, and then run into this problem. I was reloading local websites in on my computer to get local coverage, and enjoy TV for the presidential and senate coverage.

Oh well, it was a nice gesture. But yeah, they should have opened up the national broadcast feeds for one night. I'm sure the broadcast networks would make an exception for one night.

Best election coverage , ever,

Thank you DirecTV for the MIx channel your the best.

When my local stations were providing local content, their mix feed showed a blank screen and "channel showing local coverage". So I never clicked on a channel to be surprised by local coverage.

I could not use the "back" button on the remote nor would 352 show up in the "previous channels" menu. Is that normal for the mix channels? It was annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)