Electrical wiring for dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am in the process of adding another 10 foot C-band to my farm. I have always used ribbon cable but unfortunately it is no longer manufactured.

I am going to use 12/2 sprinkler wire from Home Depot for the 36v actuator motor.

Here is where it gets complicated.

I am very happy with the performance of my Titanium LNBF however I am concerned that I might have to go back to a polarotor and filter with this 5G nonsense. For this I would need a cable for the polarity servo motor.

Obviously I need shielded cable for the actuator sensor and polarity servo motor. Can I use a 5 conductor shielded cable or do I need separate shielded cables for the actuator sensor and polarity servo motor?

Simply put, do the 2 actuator sensor wires need to be in their own shield isolated from the polarity servo motor wires?

I appreciate all help.

I am in the process of adding another 10 foot C-band to my farm. I have always used ribbon cable but unfortunately it is no longer manufactured.

I am going to use 12/2 sprinkler wire from Home Depot for the 36v actuator motor.

I am very happy with the performance of my Titanium LNBF however I am concerned that I might have to go back to a polarotor and filter with this 5G nonsense. For this I would need a cable for the polarity servo motor.

Obviously I need shielded cable for the actuator sensor and polarity servo motor. Can I use a 5 conductor shielded cable or do I need separate shielded cables for the actuator sensor and polarity servo motor?

Simply put, do the 2 actuator sensor wires need to be in their own shield isolated from the polarity servo motor wires?

I appreciate all help.
nay

Reactions: stecle

I appreciate all help.
yes they should be in separate shields. One of the servo wires constantly sends pulses to the servo - you don't want that stuff interfering with your actuator sensor wires. Also, the shields should be grounded at the positioner end but not at the dish end

I appreciate all help.
Hello I wouldn't suggest you use the 12/2 sprinkler wire from Home Depot for the 36v actuator motor because it is NON SHIELDED cable it will work, but down the road you will have problems.. what you need is some 18/2 shielded cable don't know how many feet you need but it comes in 100' and 500'

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Garyd I appreciate your offer however the shipping and duty to Canada would kill me. Things are also extremely slow getting items from the USA with Covid. I would probably get the cable around Christmas. lol

Brian, that is actually the cable I am considering. I know that 12 gauge is overkill, but it is easier on the V-Box when the weather drops to -35 Celsius.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)