Elevation and declination. Dazed and Confused.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Try C Band with out a Switch (always unplug the receiver when connecting / disconnecting a switch)
C Band is much more forgiving than Ku.

I connected C-band side directly to the acutrac and had a reading of 0. It didn't matter where I was pointed in the sky. I never changed the skew or depth of the LNB while connected to C. Shouldn't I have some sort of signal even if the LNB needs to be adjusted? Even a low signal?

When I connected the acutrac directly to KU side I always had some kind of signal no matter where I was pointed.

I never used a meter, I use a receiver.
Connect a receiver, see if you get a Signal Strength reading.
Double check that the L.O. is set to 5150.

When I had it all hooked up to the reciever I selected port 2 on the diseqc, L.O. of 5150 and did a blind scan I could never get anything. 0 is all I could ever get. on 103W, KU on port 1 blind scans fine.

I am going to take the Diseqc out, connect C straight to the reciever and try again this evening. I will report back my findings. Hopefully it is something simple. I just bought the LNBF from Sadoun about 3 weeks ago.

C-band you need to bend a little bit the center wire from the coax coming out from the connector in this way ~ so it touches inside the connector in the lnbf. Do this at the switch side and even at the receiver.

I have a lnbf that it was given me only horizontal signals. I opened the lnbf thinking that the connector had broken inside as the connector it would turn around as if the solder was broken but it wasn't broken.
The fix was that now I am getting everything.

It needs a solid connection betwwen cable and the connector on the lnbf.

Hope it helps.

The C side is DEAD. I tried everything short of what Quatr00 suggested. I connected straight to the C side of the LNB and NOTHING. 0 is all 1 could get. Right now it doesn't matter. I cant get it pointed worth a crap so.....I'll try again tommorow. I didnt realize these were so sensitive. The wind is blowing 30 MPH outside right now. It's makin it hard to do anything.

I should have just gotten the DMX741U like I wanted to begin with.

No, It does not have a switch or built in Diseqc. It is the GeoSat Pro C/KU from Sadoun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)