Help with Cband setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok I got a 6 foot Fortec dish FS6D and I more or less got it together. Trying to get 103W. So here's the questions...On the Fortec Dynamic under LNB's I find OCS-C 5150,5750 and LNB-5750. Which do it set it at? I tried to get TP 3840H 26681 which I manually put in the Tp settings. The LNB I have is a BSC421.
Also the crappy cut sheet that came with the dish shows 684MM/ 26.9 inches I'm assuming this is from the center of the dish to the center of the LNB? I'm lost as to how to figure the focal distance or is that the same this as the 26.9? There are markings on the LNB and I'm not sure what that's about.
I managed to figure out how to do all the KU stuff on my other dishes months ago but CBand is a different animal I'm sure. Hoped it would be easier haha.
Any help is appreciated, Blind

OSC is "One Cable Solution" meaning "Backstacked"
You are looking for LNB Type: Standard or Single, then 5150.
Turn the 22KHz to Off and see if your options change.

I'd start at 26.9 inches from the Center of the Dish to about 1/4" inside the Feedhorn

Last edited:
Yeah it appears everything is roughly set correctly on the 26.9 etc.. The dish elevation says it should be at 40.5
Compared to the little KU dishes I have the Bud is tilted way on it's back side.
I've adjusted the elevation all over the place. Are the Cband signals easier to find than the KU's on the 30" dishes? Or is it just as difficult? Also do I need the dielectric thing inside the LNB? Its in there but I thought it was just for circular signals..Am I correct only the DBS stuff is circular? Looks like an all day project good thing its gonna be sunny and 65! Blind

No Dieletric Plated needed.
"Ku" Dishes are Offset Dishes, about 23 degrees.
40.5 sound about right for a Polar Mount Dish

Did you Skew the LNBF properly?

Is your Dish Motorized?

Lak7, Thanks....So I wonder would having the dielectric in there mess things up as far as getting a signal? No the dish isn't motorized...Cute little dish on a cute little stand lol. I know the LNB is working when I hooked up the el-cheapo sat meter it stopped squaling when I put my hand in front of the LNB. Had something that was a weak signal on 123w but the dish wasn't pointed that direction...not even close to there...more like in the area of 97w. Never could lock it in. Oh well guess I'm done for the day. I have a cousin who wil help me later next week...he used to install the 10footer in the good old days. Thanks! Blind

Ok more issues! I locked on a signal but couldn't figure out what it was on my receiver. So I scrolled thru the different satellites and here's the issue....
Transponder 3716 V 4340 is stored on 101W Cband in my receiver and on 121W.
On 121W it shows GEB (Golden Eagle Broadcasting) with 70% signal. If I scan it, it doesn't store the channel. It would be storing it on the wrong satellite in the receiver anyway. If I go to 101W on the receiver and try to scan it in there where it should rightfully be, I get no signal at all. I realize it's trying to scan and store it on 121W which is wrong for sure. So what gives? Well at least I know the dish and LNB are working on the new BUD. Thanks for any help or ideas, Blind:confused:

LAK7 I give up for now. I find 95W KU stuff at 113W if the setting at 113W is 10750...otherwise nothing else. It won't lock any CBand on any sat. Guess I'll wait til next week. Thanks! Blind

Lak7, Part of the problem solved! Yes the LNB is Cband only. I got the channels from 99w on 101W so I reprogrammed the receiver so 101w says 99w...At least I've finally got something on it! yipeeeee. Are the network channels on 99w at 3950H 12298 up and running I wasn't able to get those.
Thanks! Blind:)

Lyngsat has the Nets at 3845
Remember you need a separate Sat for C and Ku. So for Galaxy 16 @ 99 west, you will have a Sat named "Galaxy 16 C" and Galaxy 16 Ku" each with the proper LNB and Switch settings.
Some receivers come with that already done, buy You will probably need to add a few.

Lak7, Well I think the Fortec Dynamic receiver is buggy. I've noticed various issues with it over the months....even the clock doesn't keep time lol. I've got everything now on 99w but it's loaded in the receiver as 101W.I'll just rename the sat... I'm guessing that various TP's are identical on several sats? So it finds stuff in one direction say 95W and dumps it on 113W. Then I have to go find it and rename it...shouldn't be that way...I've tried different things and haven't quite got the issue figure out. Had the same issue on the KU band if I have it blind scan several sats at once. Thanks! Blind:)

Figured it out!

Looks like since the dish is only a 6 footer I'm picking up 99W and 101W at the same time. It should've dawned on me when I saw Golden Eagle Broadcasting pop up on 99W. Learn something new everyday....Guess it wasn't the receiver it was the user lol. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)