Elevation for C Band Costa Rica

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
can some one tell me what the elevation is to install my C band in CR,

latitud 10º North
longitud 84°15’ west.

I know my true south for aligment is AMC 9 at 83, but I am not sure about the elevation.

BSC621 feedhorn

I lost the mannual, can someone tell me what port is Ku and which one C band. This feedhorn has the two in one. It is a swith inside? When I configure it in my fortec, do I tell it port number?

AMC 9 type of LNB

I am trying to get signal from AMC 9 using a DMS 621 C-Ku. What type of LNB do I choose from my fortec? Universal?

Is that the BSC621? There are 2 models:
BSC621-1 = Standard, L.O. = 10750
BSC621-2 = Universal, Low L.O. = 9750, High L.O. = 10600

if your using one coax from the lnbf
the bsc621 uses an internal 22k switch with it set to off for c-band and on for ku
the bsc-621-1 uses an internal diesqc switch port 1 being c-band and port 2 being ku

if you run two coaxes one for each c-band & ku then no switch setting is needed.
but like listed above the LO settings will have to be checked. and some satellites have both c & ku .

HELP, HELP PLEASE NO transporters to align.

I am down in Costa Rica Latitud 10 North, longitud 84.15 west.

1) My True South satellite is AMC at 83 (No transporters cover Costa Rica)
2) BrasilSat B3 at 84 (No transporters cover Costa Rica)
3) AM 16 at 85 (No transporters cover Costa Rica)

So what do I use to align????? Going crazy here.

Hi, thanks for your answers. This is the first time use the bsc621.

OK, the box says: bsc621-2

the will this be correct:

In my fortect mercury II:

1) I will set up C band satellites with the 22K Switch off and Diseq 1.1 and Port 1
2) I will set up Ku Band Satellites with the 22k Swith ON and Diseq 1.1 and Port 2

Would that be correct?

And ICEBERG, yes, you are right, I just found that out, most satellites no cover Costa Rica, So what do I do. I would not be able to align? I was most intereted in getting PAS3R and Intelsat 805 which cover CR.

List all your info
Dish type/size

Mesh 10 feet, Channel Maste

Motorized, type

Motorized Motor

LNB

bsc621-1

receiver

Fortec Mercury II

switches

No external switches

OK, first things first, what are you paying for a gallon of gas?

Nice clean setup, I like it.

Are you trying to get your dish aligned and can't find anything?
If you thing you have your angles pretty well set, you can Satmex 5 @ 116.8: 3720 V 27000

In my fortect mercury II:

1) I will set up C band satellites with the 22K Switch off and Diseq 1.1 and Port 1
2) I will set up Ku Band Satellites with the 22k Swith ON and Diseq 1.1 and Port 2

Would that be correct?

this sounds correct
make sure you set the lnb for KU as Universal

the free TV link is bunk...those are channels that originate in Costa Rica. NOT what is beamed over Costa Rica...

AMC3 looks to have a signal near there...easiest way to check is on Lyngsat over on the right side it says "footprint". Click on that and it will show the coverage

is this a dish that was already setup and you just changed out the lnbf ? or did you move the dish to this new site ?

you can use 87W to tune in c-band but you might have to fine tune the dish when you goto a satellite with ku like 72W and check the tuning on c-band & ku. ku is harder to tune and might require a bit of tuning so you gain KU and not lose C-band.

This is a new setup. I know people uses here SKY which I think it is on PAS9 (I will check now, but I went asking and that is what they use. But I can not get anything, too hot here, i should post a picture of my face, WOW, red. And yes, GAS about $5 a gallon, jajaja, but very green here and beatiful.

I was trying to get something on Intelsat 805 but no luck (C band), man I am tired and tired and tired.

Guys, let me ask anothere question. This dish I got for free, and as I said it is a dish mesh 10 feet. I wanted to get the satellites in the East, specially Pas3r and Intelsat 805 but when I put the satellite so that the Motor will move it to the East it does not come with the needed parts for it, only for the west. What I mean, this can be set only to move on the west side. So, we welded a piece of metal acroos and made a hole on the other side so I could attach the motor to the east side of the satellite. It should not be a problem right?

I wanted to get the satellites in the East, specially Pas3r and Intelsat 805 but when I put the satellite so that the Motor will move it to the East it does not come with the needed parts for it, only for the west. What I mean, this can be set only to move on the west side. So, we welded a piece of metal acroos and made a hole on the other side so I could attach the motor to the east side of the satellite. It should not be a problem right?

It shouldn't be a problem unless it adjusted your mount bracket (elevation area) but other than that it should work the same

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)