Elite Member

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Newby721

Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
So I get this snail mail telling me how I am a ELITE 21 year member. Then rest of letter is ads asking me to subscribe to more that in the years as a member I have never subscribed to, to add to the cost of my TV viewing (which has skyrocketed in the years as a subscriber). Rant over.

Is there any way to take home hopper on RV and change the zip, to watch locals when at different locations?

Barry
21 YEAR ELITE MEMBER

Yes.
Get a Traveler Satellite dish with hybrid LNB a solo node
And hook everything up .
When you move outside of your viewing area call Dish tell them to move your viewing location but not the billing location.

Reactions: ewindowman
I received the same letter today. Hopefully we start getting some deals with are new status.

I got one, my 17 year notice. Not much interesting.

I’ll have to check my records. Not sure 17 is correct.

22 years and they are offering me a couple of channels for $5/month for 6 months. That's 22 years at the top or next to the top tier. I hate to think how much I've paid them, but a discounted channel or 2 that I obviously don't want for 6 months, well hell, sign me up. Not that they owe me anything, I sign those checks every month, but trying to make that come-on out to be some sort of reward is just insulting.

Reactions: oljim60
I recently switched to Dish after 16 years with DTV, had some problems with a Philips TV not turning on unless the HDMI cable was removed and reinserted. Also had some problems with their paid support plan and their definition of an External Hard Drive. In any event after a work around that all allowed the TV to function with Dish equipment and a hard fought resolution regarding the EHD, they sent me a box of cookies with an apology and thank you. Never had that before. That seems a way to truly say Thank You.

It would be nice if they started a rewards program. With Fios you get points for certain things that you do bill pay , pay per view and so on . You can use the points for gift cards and free pay per view. It’s better than a discount on showtime.

Reactions: joegr and pattykay
Is there any way to take home hopper on RV and change the zip, to watch locals when at different locations?

Barry
21 YEAR ELITE MEMBER

Instead of the costly Trav'ler, you could also use a portable tripod mounted dish and manually aim it at each location. That also gives you the flexibility of working around trees and other obstructions that can block the fixed roof mounted dish. The Trav'ler is much easier to aim though, since it just takes a button press. The Trav'ler does not need a hybrid LNB though. The standard DPP LNB works fine with a DPH42 switch for a Hopper 3. The Hopper 1 and 2 work fine with a DPP LNB and Solo Node. A call to Dish customer service works to have the locals changed, although I prefer using the online chat system for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts