Email from Echostar about HD RSNs

That's what I thought. I'm trying to figure out if I will get KC or SL games by subbing to multi pack. I'm hearing some say SL game are blacked out on the FSN in CSN_Chi areas.

Im hoping that there isnt something wrong with Comcast Sports Networks Hd coming to dish, I know they were uplinked but since they have only turned on FSN channels kinda scares me.

Im hoping that there isnt something wrong with Comcast Sports Networks Hd coming to dish, I know they were uplinked but since they have only turned on FSN channels kinda scares me.

Could Comcast Sports Networks Hd be exclusive right now to Comcast & maybe D*, I see that ESPN's Sportcenter has had no highlights in HD yet just SD.

Can someone clear this up for me? If you have HD and have FSMW as your RSN, you should get the HD version as well? If you pay the 5.99, you will get all the RSN's and their HD versions? This doesn't sound right, wouldn't this negate the need for Center Ice? I live in Omaha and FSMW is our RSN, but the Cards were blacked out last night...why would that be? Is there any where to get a refresher on the rules on what would be available for subscribers to the RSN's?

Thanks...

The 5.99 will get you all of the RSNs but pretty much all pro games will be blacked out and quite a few college games except the ones on your local RSNs. So no it would not negate the need for Center Ice.

So maybe someone can clear this up for me. If I am located in Nashville (I get FSNS), and I subscribe to all of the RSNs to get FSNMW will I be able to watch all of the Cardinals games on the FSNMW schedule? Thanks.

So maybe someone can clear this up for me. If I am located in Nashville (I get FSNS), and I subscribe to all of the RSNs to get FSNMW will I be able to watch all of the Cardinals games on the FSNMW schedule? Thanks.
Only if your zipcode is in the local area claimed by the Cardinals.

My RSN is FSNSW, but I'm in a zipcode claimed by the Cards. So, by subbing to the Multi-Sport package, I now get Cards games on FSNMW-HD. :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

This is the Midwest Channel 368 - FOXMW see if it shows up in your guide.

FSN Midwest

Tuesday, Apr. 3, 2007
6:00 PM Cardinals Live
7:00 PM Mets at Cardinals
10:00 PM Cardinals Live
10:30 PM FSN Final Score

Wednesday, Apr. 4, 2007
6:30 PM Cardinals Live
7:00 PM Mets at Cardinals

Friday, Apr. 27, 2007
6:30 PM Cardinals Live
7:00 PM Cubs at Cardinals

Monday, Apr. 30, 2007
5:30 PM Cardinals Live
7:00 PM Cardinals at Brewers
9:00 PM Cardinals Live
9:30 PM Cardinals Live

If you don't get FSNMW without subscribing to the multisport pack then I'm going to say that the Cards games WILL be blacked out. I can't see a lot of the Braves games, who happen to be my favorite team, because I live in Florida and the braves area is just through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, and it looks like a little bit of N. Carolina. I know I'm closer to Atlanta than some of those places but we can't get Sports South (I think that's what it's called, it used to be Turner South).

Yeah I thinks FSN South.

FSN South

Tuesday, Apr. 3, 2007
7:00 PM Hurricanes Pregame
7:30 PM Hurricanes at Lightning
10:00 PM Hurricanes Postgame

Friday, Apr. 6, 2007
7:00 PM Hawks Pregame
7:30 PM Bucks at Hawks
10:00 PM Hawks Postgame

Saturday, Apr. 7, 2007
9:00 PM Predators at Avalanche

Tuesday, Apr. 10, 2007
6:30 PM Hawks Pregame
7:00 PM Celtics at Hawks
9:30 PM Hawks Postgame
10:00 PM ACC All-Access

Friday, Apr. 13, 2007
7:00 PM Hawks Pregame
7:30 PM Wizards at Hawks
10:00 PM Hawks Postgame

Tuesday, Apr. 17, 2007
6:30 PM Hawks Pregame
7:00 PM Pacers at Hawks
9:30 PM Hawks Postgame
10:00 PM ACC All-Access

Wednesday, Apr. 18, 2007
7:00 PM Braves Live
7:30 PM Cubs at Braves
10:30 PM Braves Live
11:00 PM FSN Final Score

Wednesday, Apr. 25, 2007
6:30 PM Braves Live
7:00 PM Braves at Marlins
10:00 PM Braves Live

If you don't get FSNMW without subscribing to the multisport pack then I'm going to say that the Cards games WILL be blacked out. ....
Not so. My default RSN is FSNSW, but I get the Cards games via FSNMW and Multi-Sport. The real qualifier is the team's definition of it's local territory. You can go to MLB and check it out.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/mlbtv.jsp

Enter your zipcode in the box, and you're in the home territory of the teams that come up. You'll be blacked out for national games (like ESPN), but you can't be blacked out on the team's RSN.

Not so. My default RSN is FSNSW, but I get the Cards games via FSNMW and Multi-Sport. The real qualifier is the team's definition of it's local territory. You can go to MLB and check it out.

Enter your zipcode in the box, and you're in the home territory of the teams that come up. You'll be blacked out for national games (like ESPN), but you can't be blacked out on the team's RSN.

That same thing cannot be said for HD coverage though.

Sorry guys but I must be really dense. I thought that if you showed up as being in a blackout area, then you couldn't see the games. For instance, when I go to the mlb.com site linked above and input my zip code (37210) it says that I am subject to blackout for the following teams: Cincinatti Reds and Atlanta Braves. I am understanding that I will not be able to see these teams play on my local RSN (FSNS) because they will be blacked out. Any other RSN I get (multisports pack) should allow me to see any teams other than the Reds and Braves. Is this right?

Sorry guys but I must be really dense. I thought that if you showed up as being in a blackout area, then you couldn't see the games. For instance, when I go to the mlb.com site linked above and input my zip code (37210) it says that I am subject to blackout for the following teams: Cincinatti Reds and Atlanta Braves. I am understanding that I will not be able to see these teams play on my local RSN (FSNS) because they will be blacked out. Any other RSN I get (multisports pack) should allow me to see any teams other than the Reds and Braves. Is this right?
No, it's the other way around.

If your team is on the blackout list for mlb.com for your zipcode, it means that ESPN and other national broadcasts of those teams will be blacked out in your zipcode.

If you can get the RSN for those teams, then you shouldn't be blacked out for those teams on the RSN. But you may have to order the Multi-Sport package to get that RSN.

If you don't see a team on that blackout list, you won't see any games for those teams on their RSN, but they won't be blacked out on the national broadcast (ESPN, ...). Clear? :)

No, it's the other way around.

If your team is on the blackout list for mlb.com for your zipcode, it means that ESPN and other national broadcasts of those teams will be blacked out in your zipcode.

If you can get the RSN for those teams, then you shouldn't be blacked out for those teams on the RSN. But you may have to order the Multi-Sport package to get that RSN.

If you don't see a team on that blackout list, you won't see any games for those teams on their RSN, but they won't be blacked out on the national broadcast (ESPN, ...). Clear? :)

Crystal.THX

This is not exactly correct.

Some of us in Central Illinois, Iowa, and Kentucky ARE eligible by MB rules to watch the Cardinals, but now, because of some stupid dispute between Fox Sports Midwest (Ch. 418) and DIsh Network, they are blacking out Cardinal games in some areas that are eligible to show them.

This is not exactly correct.

Some of us in Central Illinois, Iowa, and Kentucky ARE eligible by MB rules to watch the Cardinals, but now, because of some stupid dispute between Fox Sports Midwest (Ch. 418) and DIsh Network, they are blacking out Cardinal games in some areas that are eligible to show them.

I got a reply from Dish in regards to this. Here's is the answer I got.

"There are two possibilities. First, the teams or RSN in that area may
have shrunk the broadcast area. Second, we may have a mistake on our end
in sending the signal. As soon as I find something more accurate out, I
will let you know.

If you don't hear anything for a day or two, email me again and I will
get back with you on Sunday. "

Let's hope it's #2.

A few months ago it was projected that E* would have some of these channels on 61.5 and others on 129. The only way to get all of the RSNs in HD was to be able to pick up both of these birds.

Does anyone know if this is what they are doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)