Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
E-mail notifies are linking to the first page of the thread instead of the last unread post like it used to. It's kind of annoying.

Ehh Never mind - it's some new 'Linkback' deal. I'm not quite sure what it's trying to do but it's linking me to old threads.

I havent quite figured out the linkback and trackback features of our new software yet.

Fear not though I will figure them out soon hopefully. :D

How do we use the "permalink" feature next to the post number?
Bob
Yea, I'm not sure which one to use when I post a reference to another thread/post.
Both seem to work.
I know one has the post number and the other has the post name...
...but other than that, what is the preferred use of each?

The number link will show just that post.

The other shows the post at the top of the page but the rest of the thread is visible.

what the Permalink saw...

...The other shows the post at the top of the page but the rest of the thread is visible.
That is just what I would have ask for, if I'd even known it was possible
That'll make a lot of my posts with links much better.
Thanks. :D

So if I am doing a post and want to link to another thread/post how would I do that. In the past I would copy and past the URL. How now?
Bob

example

(hope this example works)

Here's a link to the 6th page, and 2nd post on that page.
I went to that page, then to that post, and hit the permalink button, then took the URL from the top of my browser and pasted it above.

If I'd hit the #52 button, the browser would have opened a new tab, and only that single post would show.
Using that URL would get a visitor linked to just that single post.

There's often a reason I want to direct someone's attention into the middle of a long thread, so the first option is wonderful.
Thanks again. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts