email the ceo and you'll get a 811

Why not self installation

I was fortunate to get the $149 deal back in Dec because of this forum. Installation called to cancel but showed up anyway and did the 811 install(?) It appears that E* still prefers no self installs. The so called "professional" installation was a bust. I had to rerun the OTA coax from the TV to the 811 and program the OTAs myself. I just don't understand why E* thinks the 811 install is anymore difficult than any other receiver. They sent me a 301 to install myself after the installer took my 5000 (which he wasn't suppose to do) in exchange for the 811. Just another reason to do it yourself.

Don't know, I am not on DHA. Shouldn't hurt to drop them an email though...

BTW, when my guy called back (wasn't Adam, was someone else), he asked if I had read about writing to them on a board somewhere. I told him I had, mentioned SatelliteGuys, and he said "yeah, I've seen that site".

Didn't get around to calling for the tracking number today, will try tomorrow, and will report back on my findings...

Well i called dish to obtain a tracking number for my 811..The csr said she didn't have that info but it was shipped on Feb 26th ..So now we just play the waiting game

aperry said:
Don't know, I am not on DHA. Shouldn't hurt to drop them an email though...

BTW, when my guy called back (wasn't Adam, was someone else), he asked if I had read about writing to them on a board somewhere. I told him I had, mentioned SatelliteGuys, and he said "yeah, I've seen that site".

Didn't get around to calling for the tracking number today, will try tomorrow, and will report back on my findings...

Wow. I hope they haven't gotten wise to it now.

He did mention that there was a "recent increase" in the number of requests they got. I imagine it will die down after a bit.

What is sad is that we cannot get customer service like this from the "standard" CSR pool.

Tyralak said:
Wow. I hope they haven't gotten wise to it now.

I don't think so. I emailed the ceo address yesterday before I saw the hints on this board, I was just ticked off from waiting since December for a unit. Adam (this guy must be in constant callback mode) phoned about 20 minutes later: he just said "Hi, my name is Adam and I'm calling from DISH Network to schedule your 811 install." No beating around the bush with him. :) I'm scheduled for Friday am.

We'll see...
- Fingers Crossed Boy

ianf said:
I don't think so. I emailed the ceo address yesterday before I saw the hints on this board, I was just ticked off from waiting since December for a unit. Adam (this guy must be in constant callback mode) phoned about 20 minutes later: he just said "Hi, my name is Adam and I'm calling from DISH Network to schedule your 811 install." No beating around the bush with him. :) I'm scheduled for Friday am.

We'll see...
- Fingers Crossed Boy

So, what did you say in your E-mail? I'm about to fire off a message, and wonder how to phrase it for best results. :)

Tyralak said:
So, what did you say in your E-mail? I'm about to fire off a message, and wonder how to phrase it for best results. :)

I kept it short and polite: the gist was I've been a DISH customer since 1996 who has been trying to get an 811 since December and suffering endless hassle at the hands of CSRs who don't have a clue. I closed by pointing out that I'd prefer to be a DISH subscriber for another 7 years, but it's hard to justify when I can get HDTV installed tomorrow from their competitors without any hassle: can someone on the other end of this address give me a straight answer on when the 811 is available for upgrade customers?

Adam called back in about the time it took me to wander down the hall for a soda and get back to my office. I doubt it was anything in particular I said; my guess is his orders are to send out 811s to people who squawk on that alias with a reasonable issue.

Good luck!
ian

I guess the guys at Dish got the message. I too was getting the runaround since Dec,
two emails were never even responded to. Switch to Direct and then the phone calls came from Dish asking what they could do to keep me as a customer.

I believe so many people switched that they realized they had to do something, a little late in my case.

Mr. Lime4x4, let us know when you get it. Adam was supposed to ship mine Monday or Tuesday. Sure would be nice to have it for the weekend.

Will do...I'm hoping to have mine by the weekend also...I've had stuff shipped from California ups ground and that only takes 1 week...

just got off the phone with csr and he is telling me that he put me on a list and they will call me in 4 to 6 weeks............

might have to drop an email.

Getting the HD reciever for 99 bucks, with a one year commit...also a free month of HBO

I ordered mine on feb 26th..They charged my credit card 149.00 on the 26th..If the 811 isn't here by march 11th.Then i'm gonna call and demand that they refund me the 149.00 back to my credit card.I'll go to bestbuy and buy a direct tv hd setup..I'm stuck with dish for 1 year cause i got the superdish..I pay dish just under 6.00 a month cause of all my credits..So i'll just pay them for the year..Then probably put the superdish and the dp34 switch on ebay and recoup some of my money

ianf said:
I kept it short and polite: the gist was I've been a DISH customer since 1996 who has been trying to get an 811 since December and suffering endless hassle at the hands of CSRs who don't have a clue. I closed by pointing out that I'd prefer to be a DISH subscriber for another 7 years, but it's hard to justify when I can get HDTV installed tomorrow from their competitors without any hassle: can someone on the other end of this address give me a straight answer on when the 811 is available for upgrade customers?

Adam called back in about the time it took me to wander down the hall for a soda and get back to my office. I doubt it was anything in particular I said; my guess is his orders are to send out 811s to people who squawk on that alias with a reasonable issue.

Good luck!
ian

Well, I did it. I wrote an E-mail this morning, and before the day was out, Adam called me back. I was really impressed by his professionalness (is that a word?) He even let me do the 811 on the lease plan I have. My opinion of E* has just gone up several points. It's rare to fiind such good service. It will be here on the 13th. If anyone from E* is lurking, GOOD JOB!

Tyralak said:
I was really impressed by his professionalness (is that a word?)
Nah, not a real word, but we can say you coined it. The proper way to say it is "professional demeanor."

Adam placed my order for the 811 on Feb 26th 2004.My credit card was charged 149.00.I called dish network on march 2nd 2004 to obtain the tracking number so that i can c when it will be delivered.The csr said it wasn't available but that the receiver had shipped on the 26th of Feb..I called dish network today march 5 and now i was told that the receiver was delivered but not to my address or it was lost some where..So the csr said they were gonna ship out another 811 today march 5 but she wasn't able to provide a tracking number..I'm really starting to think that this is really getting to be too much of a hassle to get hdtv..I can go to best buy tonight and pick up a hdtv setup and be watching hdtv tonight already..I've been trying since early Dec of last year to get a 811..If the 811 doesn't arrive shortly i'll be contacting my credit card to dispute the charge for the 811.Cause i'm not gonna keep calling dish to find out where my 811 is or to hear excuses why i haven't received it yet..Also when i told the csr that i was seriously thinking of canceling my account she sounded like she didn't care if dish lost a custumer...