email the ceo and you'll get a 811

lime4x4 said:
I installed mine...Plus i didn't have to send any receiver back for a trade.

I tried to have them just send it to me but they said it had to be installed by Dish Network. I live in Jackson, Mi. and they sent an installer from Detroit which is about 80 miles away. I had to work so my wife had to wait for the installer. He called me at work and said he was not very familiar with the units and could not get it to work with my tv's Dtv input. I told him to leave it and I would hook it up when I got home. He said he could not do that because he had to activate it. He eventually got it working with the s-video input. When I got home I found out that he had the 811 set for 720i which is why it did not work. I don't know how much it cost DN to send an idiot 80 miles to do an installation but I am just happy to have the 811. It is great compared to the 6000 it replaced.

You think if u offered to install it yourself they would jump at the chance..I installed mine myself and i called dish to activate just like any other receiver i installed..I really don't c what the big deal is to self install..Saves dish money..

I emailed on Sunday and had a call and email from Rich the next day....after 6 weeks of waiting...one email and it is installed on Thursday...and for 149 to boot...

Thanks to this forum!!!

It's still working!

emailed today, and got a phone call from C.J. within an hour and a half :shocked Signed up through SBC and they said they were all out of stock of 811's ran across this forum and gave it a shot. C.J. is checking into it, and he said it should be no problem :D Should be getting a call soon, and my 811 maybe sooner than I thought!!!!!

maybe not working as well as i thought!

one week until my install and still no word from C.J. :confused: Maybe the majic of emailing the corporate offices is starting to wear off. ANyway, he did give me his direct line, so I thought I'd try again today. If this doesn't work, maybe back to the email drawing board to say how disappointed I am. We'll see what happens.

Hope it'll work!

Just got a call from CJ this morning who said my mistake was ordering through SBC, sems they won't have the HD811 for a while. So i cancelled my installation with SBC, and got a new install date strictly through Dish Network where I'm promised to get an HD 811 reciever. We'll see what happens :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)