email the ceo and you'll get a 811

Just got a call from Adam...He's not really sure either what happened to my first one...But he's gonna see what he can do to get one to me fast..The csr's might not care but atleast Adam Takes the time to respond..So i'll post again when the unit the arrives...

lime4x4 said:
Just got a call from Adam...He's not really sure either what happened to my first one...But he's gonna see what he can do to get one to me fast..The csr's might not care but atleast Adam Takes the time to respond..So i'll post again when the unit the arrives...

If only all the CSRs could be like him. I suppose there's a reason he's worked up to the corporate office.

Yup, It works!
e-mailed this morning, just got a call (3:00) will install on Tuesday between 8:00am - 12:00pm....thanks guys for the info!

It's here

Mr. Lime, I figured you would get your 811 and I would still be waiting. But ours came today UPS. So, I'd think Adam was true to his word and something else happened along the way to your shipment.

I spoke with Adam about 5 PM CST last Monday and it came today. Denver to Dallas.

Hang in there. The picture is superb.

Now I can mess with the audio delay. :)

Edit: Audio delay was from routing the audio through the Tivo, whil DVI video was going direct to Samsung. It's handy to have 2 sets of audio outs on the 811 for something like this.

I have no complaints about the 811 to this point. Setup was a breeze. My local analogs OTA are better than the Dish feed was and the local digital OTA are crystal. It's like watching a DVD. I'm 40 miles away from the Dallas antenna field.

Sure rub it in....Well if it's being shipped out of Denver it has to go to Pa...So i should c it late next week hopefully....Providing it isn't dropped off somewhere else....lol

Dish tells me they have no information or no product available. They do not know of such a special phone number as 1-800-WOW-DISH in which I was given about a month ago when I called about the deal. I thought I was given a $99 price quote over the phone last month but could be mistaken.

Okay i'm very confused now..I called dish today the csr gave me a tracking number .Well it's being delivered March the the 8th.It was shipped march the 1st..This looks like the first 811 that was ordered and lost..Now it looks like it's not lost anymore...I was also told that another 811 was shipped march 5th..I only want to pay for one 811..So i'm wondering how many 811's i'll be getting? If i do get a second 811 what do i do with it??
Thanks,

lime4x4 said:
Okay i'm very confused now..I called dish today the csr gave me a tracking number .Well it's being delivered March the the 8th.It was shipped march the 1st..This looks like the first 811 that was ordered and lost..Now it looks like it's not lost anymore...I was also told that another 811 was shipped march 5th..I only want to pay for one 811..So i'm wondering how many 811's i'll be getting? If i do get a second 811 what do i do with it??
Thanks,

Call Dish and tell them they sent you an extra by mistake. They will send you a prepaid mailing box and that's all there is to it.

If you receive a 2nd one, call Dish and tell then you'd be more than happy to go ahead and pay $149 for it. Then Ebay it!

Well girlfriend just called the 811 that was lost in shipping just showed up...The only reason i wanted it was mainly for cbs-hd but it looks like after tonight i won't be able to get it...Just my luck

Well i'm amazed at the picture quality of cbs-hd...Just sucks that it costed my 149.00 for the 811 5.00 for the extra receiver fee 5.99 for the new york feed now i'm losing cbs-hd after tonight....Just my luck

emailed ceo@echostar.com on 02/27/2004. Adam called within 15 minutes & I ordered the 811. Credit card was charged $149.00 on 02/27/2004.
On 03/05/2004 I called Dishnetwork to see if the 811 had been shipped. The CSR said that he had no way to get that information.
Called again on 03/06/2004 & spoke to another CSR that said that her supervisor was going to start an "internal tracking proceedure" & that I should call back the next day & get the tracking number for UPS delivery.
Called back on 03/07/2004 & spoke to another CSR & found that my 811 order had been written up wrong & that if I would call back on 03/08/2004, I would be able to get the UPS tracking number because he would enter it on my data screen himself.
WRONG !!!!!!! DID NOT HAPPEN !!!
Today I am waiting for an email from some Dweeb CSR at Dishnetwork to tell me that the 811 has been shipped & the UPS tracking number. (2nd Day Delivery)
I'm not holding my breath.

Hope this info does not arrive too late... I am a recent subscriber to Dish . I initally signed up back on Jan 20. I got a call today asking if I still wanted to go with Dish. I said yes. They charged me $49.99 and said I would have a call back in two days and that I could install the equipment my self (811 HD).
Here is the contact number that was on my caller id (don't know if it actually goes anywhere).
[Revenue Enhance 207 615 0081]

Just signed up.

I am a recent subscriber to Dish. I initially signed up back on Jan 20 for the free 811 and installation deal. I finally got a call today asking if I still wanted to go with Dish. I said yes. They charged me $49.99 and said I would have a call back in two days and that I could install the equipment my self (811 HD).
I spoke with a lady named 'Jay' and a Gentleman named 'Robert' at this number. [Revenue Enhance 207 615 0081]

I was put on the imfamous "Preorder list" on Jan 6th. Reading the boards, I got the number to the echostar corporate offices. I called on Mar 5th they immediately scheduled my install for this Sunday. Since i'm adding the 811 as a 3rd receiver, they need to swap out my dual for a quad and run cable. Otherwise, if it was just a receiver swap, they could do it today. Total cost was 99.00 plus the 1yr commit on the HD Pak. 3 receivers, Top120+HBO, HD Pak puts me over 80.00/month. This HD better be good! :cool:

AdamB

MrCrawdad said:
I am a recent subscriber to Dish. I initially signed up back on Jan 20 for the free 811 and installation deal. I finally got a call today asking if I still wanted to go with Dish. I said yes. They charged me $49.99 and said I would have a call back in two days and that I could install the equipment my self (811 HD).
I spoke with a lady named 'Jay' and a Gentleman named 'Robert' at this number. [Revenue Enhance 207 615 0081]

ceo@dishnet Still Works

Jay called last night and my 811 will be installed 3/24 :D . Talked to Robert for about an hour, he's a great guy. He said that most of the "811 problems" have been fixed and the remaining should be done by the end of March. He also said that the installer will add everything needed for a 3 receiver setup for no charge. I'am keeping my 508 connected when I get the 811. Just want the 811 for HD. Price was still $149 w/ one year commitment.

I got my 811 for 149.00 without the 1 year commitment..I only used it for a couple of hours on Monday..This morning i went to turn it on and it's dead won't turn on...Just my luck...Got cbs-hd back this morning and now i can't watch it...Plus i'm waiting to see what happens cause i need to be able to grab 4 sats

Sent an e-mail to the ceo address given previously on 3/6/04 a day
after being cancelled for install.I recieved a call on monday 3/8/04 from
someone at the ceo office, he said I should recieve my 811 by 3/10/04.
I had to call the csr on 3/11/04 because it had'nt arrived yet,they found
out the guy at ceo office made a mistake.Dish overnighted me the 811
and yesterday 3/12/04 I recieved it.Didn't have to have an install did it
myself,cost was $149.00.Very happy I like the 811 much better than my
6000. :D

It does work. After being told that 811's for existing customers were not available until "sometime in the summer" I sent an email to the CEO on Saturday. I received a call from Dish Monday morning and they installed it on Thursday morning. I wanted to install it myself, but they would not allow me to. The installer wanted to take my 6000 in trade but I had paid $600 dollars for the 6000 and I kept it for a backup in case I have problems with the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts