Emergence

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I glanced at Carter Matt's column on Emergence and spoilers for next episode, (no spoilers here) but he talks as if a season 2 were already confirmed, which has not happened.

So, having said that, next episode could possibly be the last one. ever.

I just wish that Piper would have the super-powers to keep the show alive.
She does ....
It will be back ... I have a gut feeling.

Reactions: DJdish
Being a family-friendly ABC show, Emergence could easily get moved to Freeform, Hulu, or Disney+.

Surely hope so, speaking about family friendly AI's show, now that I've started Humans season 2, I realize that one is not family friendly.

I'm glad that is not real thing, I'm finding the concept, even scarier than I thought at first.

Reactions: Foxbat
I enjoyed the finale, with that happy ending, except for the last 30 seconds or so.

And so I got some closure, I will just disregard the last 30 seconds,

And that was another drop in ratings even for the finale, so I'm not expecting a second season, if it ever happens good, and if not, I'm glad I got to know Piper.

And that was another drop in ratings even for the finale, so I'm not expecting a second season, if it ever happens good, and if not, I'm glad I got to know Piper.
According to TV by the numbers, it was steady with last week's.

Cancelled. :(

Not a huge surprise, given the low ratings, though I see no reason why this couldn't be moved to Freeform, Disney+, or Hulu. On Rotten Tomatoes it has a 94% fresh score (100% among top critics). If this family-oriented PG-rated show had aired at 8pm and they didn't keep skipping weeks, this show would've done much better rating-wise. It's like the network purposely set this up to fail. Shame.

• Sad
Reactions: Foxbat and Jimbo
Cancelled. :(

Not a huge surprise, given the low ratings, though I see no reason why this couldn't be moved to Freeform, Disney+, or Hulu. On Rotten Tomatoes it has a 94% fresh score (100% among top critics). If this family-oriented PG-rated show had aired at 8pm and they didn't keep skipping weeks, this show would've done much better rating-wise. It's like the network purposely set this up to fail. Shame.

Instead of Emergence being given a real shot, like mentioned, put it at 8 pm and show episodes consecutively and it would be doing MUCH better ...

Instead, ABC is giving us Holey Moley ....

I saw this coming from the beginning and never bothered to ever watch a single episode. I've said it before and will say it again: Sci Fi plot shows do not do well on network tv. That's why most shows like this are relegated to the CW where the lower amount of viewers is acceptable to the owners of the network.

Exactly,

And of course it didn't help a bit that ABC aired it only twice a month, .... apparently there was more than one reason to air Dolly Parton, instead...

Anyway, this is one more sci fi show, cancelled .. my bad luck, (I remember same thing happened to me with NBC's The Event, Fox's Alcatraz, just to name a few......)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Exactly,

And of course it didn't help a bit that ABC aired it only twice a month, .... apparently there was more than one reason to air Dolly Parton, instead...

Anyway, this is one more sci fi show, cancelled .. my bad luck, (I remember same thing happened to me with NBC's The Event, Fox's Alcatraz, just to name a few......)
Extant ...
The 4400 ...
.... and on and on .

However, IF these shows were put together like normal weekly shows tyhat go from the start of the Season in Sept, till the end in May or whenever it ends, they would all do much better.

These shows get bounced around, showing the show, 2 times amonth and taking 3 months (sometimes more) time off, kills them, viewers or not.

I saw this coming from the beginning and never bothered to ever watch a single episode. I've said it before and will say it again: Sci Fi plot shows do not do well on network tv. That's why most shows like this are relegated to the CW where the lower amount of viewers is acceptable to the owners of the network.
Canceled or not, you missed a good show!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)