Emergency Help - AM21 and HR23

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
I have installer on site. I get my HD OTA and he is telling me that I can't connect my HD DVR to OTA antenna. Is this true.

I mentioned AM21 and he has never heard of it.

Any help

If you have the HR23 then you do need the AM21 add on module to add two ATSC tuners to the HR23. AFAIK the installers normally don't carry then, you need to go to the DirecTV web site (or call) and order it online, it's $50 and about $5 for shipping.

thanks. I'm getting a free upgrade, and I want the same service that had. OTA HD comng in to my HD Tivo.

Sounds like have him install the HR23 now, and call DTV and fight over the AM21

If you have the HR23 then you do need the AM21 add on module to add two ATSC tuners to the HR23. AFAIK the installers normally don't carry then, you need to go to the DirecTV web site (or call) and order it online, it's $50 and about $5 for shipping.

I just went to the DTV website and could not find where to order the AM 21. Is it a component listed at their site.

You really need to call DirecTV and ask them.
If you are replacing an HR20 with the HR23, then tell them that you require the AM21 in order to have the same functionality that you had with the HR20. Worst case, they will want $50.

Call DirecTV and push them for the AM21 at no cost. Most CSR's have no problem doing that if you had OTA prior to the upgrade.

Thanks everyone. Installer left and I now have the HR23. He moved my Tivo 250 DVR up to another room and ran an extra line that was necessary at no charge.

I will contact DirecTV for the AM21. A little frustrating since I discussed this with my rep when I first called for Free Swap.

What was most surprising was that my installer never even heard of the AM21. He looked at me like I was crazy, and even called his superviser. I quickly jumped on-line, posted my message and within 2 minutes I had my first response. I even went on-line to search for the AM21, and countless websites came up showing DirecTV and the AM21 unit.

I was able to show him what I was talking about, and he still had no clue. I quess what I'm saying is that this site proved very helpful for a novice like me to explain to the guy what I was talking about on the fly.

Thanks.

Now that you have your HR23 hooked up don't forget to connect it to your home network so that you can access DirecTV on Demand, DirecTV2PC and the Media Share feature to view and listen to files on your PC and be ready for any new features coming down the line,

Now that you have your HR23 hooked up don't forget to connect it to your home network so that you can access DirecTV on Demand, DirecTV2PC and the Media Share feature to view and listen to files on your PC and be ready for any new features coming down the line,

I just tried to do so wirelessly, and it looks like I need to buy a wireless component to connect into the ethernet port in order to receive my wireless signal. Do I have that right? Pretty arcane considering the most basic gaming systems these days all have wireless capability built in.

I just tried to do so wirelessly, and it looks like I need to buy a wireless component to connect into the ethernet port in order to receive my wireless signal. Do I have that right? Pretty arcane considering the most basic gaming systems these days all have wireless capability built in.

The HR2X's have native support for the Linksys WGA600N, the DirecTV site has them for $75 IIRC.

To keep costs down they don't include wireless support since many people don't need it. That way the customer can go wired with the built in port, add a wireless adapter or go with powerline adapters if the customer doesn't have a wireless access point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)