Wiring Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BTBTBT

Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Ohio
My 13 year old nephew thought it would be funny to rearrange all of the cables from my satellite to the 3 x 4 multiswitch and then to my DVR receiver! I wasn't so amused.

Anyhow, I tried to put them back the way I thought they should go but I cannot get the DVR to allow me to watch one program while recording another and it won't let me record more than one program at a time. I can't figure out the problem.

Can anyone outline the correct wiring scheme for the wires from the satellite to the multiswitch and then from the multiswitch to the DVR receiver so that I can troubleshoot this? I have 2 other TVs with just regular receivers running from the multiswitch but I got these back in working order.

Thanks.

Since you have a 3x4 multiswitch I have to assume that you have a dual output round dish. So you need the two lines from the dish connected to the 13v and 18v inputs on the 3x4 multiswitch, the third input is used to diplex in an antenna. Then the outputs from the switch connect to your receivers. The DVR receiver uses the Sat In1 and Sat In 2 from the switch.

Good luck, and, you need to shut off any TV watching for the 13 yr old when he visits. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.