HR23 Question w/ OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
Admittedly, I am a novice who needs some clarification.

I just swapped out my HD Tivo for an HR23. With the HD Tivo, I did not subscribe to HD Programming at all. The only HD content I obtained was through my OTA. This worked great as I was able to get ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in HD, at no charge, and enjoy prime-time shows and essentially all meaningful sporting events in HD.

Today, I had the HR23 installed, and through some confusion DirecTV is sending me an AM21 so I can connect to my OTA. So far so good.

However, I am being told that I must subscribe to HD Programming at about 10.00 per month with the HR23. The installer told me that once the HR23 is activated, HD Programming will automatically be added to my account. In fact, when I just spoke with the CSR, she told me that she will provide me with a free credit for 6 months, but after that the charge will re-appear and there is no way to turn it off.

I am confused as to why I cannot operate the same way as I did with my HD Tivo. That is, do not subscribe to any HD programming. I would receive everything in Standard Def, and I would use my OTA to get ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX in HD (for free).

Can someone more knowledgeable help shed some light on this for me.

Thanks.

As I see it then, by switching me to the HR23, they are essentially forcing me to pay an extra 10.00 per month that I didn't have to pay before.

Am I getting this right?

If so, then what purpose does the OTA serve?

Wow I guess $10 (9.95) is way to much for a $#%!load of HD channels oO Bet you complained that McDonalds Double Cheeseburger is now $1.19 :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts