Emergency Help needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
Does it matter where the OTA is placed on my roof. My installer is afraid of heights, and does not want to place the OTA near the dish. He recommends a low spot that seems to be blocked by trees. The other option he is telling me is a wide open spot that sit smack in the middle of my view from my backyard.

Please help

litig8 said:
Does it matter where the OTA is placed on my roof. My installer is afraid of heights, and does not want to place the OTA near the dish. He recommends a low spot that seems to be blocked by trees. The other option he is telling me is a wide open spot that sit smack in the middle of my view from my backyard.

Please help

yes it matters... Multipathing is a common issue with things in the way of the ntenna... they do make antenna masts that clamp to the dish mast.

litig8 said:
My installer is afraid of heights

Wrong line of work, then... yeesh

Seriously, call up and ask for an installer that won't have a problem with this...

He is installing it low on my roof unobstructed my trees etc... I imagine reception won't be an issue in this spot. As for how visible from the yard, my wife just checked and says she is ok with it. Seems like I am having to settle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)