Emerson 32" LCD

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I must admit, for not being a "top of the line" tv, I have had this thing for 2 years, runs almost day and night for the most part, and still has a great picture and hasn't given me one bit of trouble. Got it at WalMart on sale for $150.00. Knock on wood. Who says you have to buy the biggest and baddest for it to be the best of everything? Plus with my Roku 2 hooked to it, it works great!!

I belive those are made by one of the biggest TV mfrs in the PRC ( Huge company! ) just not well known outside of the PRC that started out making radios for the PRC army in ~ 1958 (they've been around the block ) the current Emerson are supposed to be a lot better than the older Emerson's.......... glad it's working out for you Roku's the ticket good stuff it's better than 95% of the embedded smart TV's out there .

ofc you know almost all of the Sony's outside of Japan domestic models are made by Hon Hai Precision Foxconn now right? ( the iPhone PS 3-4 and Xbone people and 40% of the worlds consumer electronics and a lot of PC's .........I have a 2013 50" that was made in their Mexico plant excellent picture for an LCD but my 60" Sammy plasma spanks it pretty hard along with just about any LCD you care to name ??

I must admit, for not being a "top of the line" tv, I have had this thing for 2 years, runs almost day and night for the most part, and still has a great picture and hasn't given me one bit of trouble. Got it at WalMart on sale for $150.00. Knock on wood. Who says you have to buy the biggest and baddest for it to be the best of everything? Plus with my Roku 2 hooked to it, it works great!!

I think Emerson are owned and made by TPV ....they make some Vizio and own 25% of the brand ,maybe Philips outside of the Funai USA Phillips sets , Polaroid's ,maybe Magnavox , and some other stuff , their competitor Vestal makes the lower spec Panasonic's and maybe some Vizio product along with lots of other stuff just like the Compal and Winton ODM/OEM's .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts