Empty envelope, no dvd, no way to report it.

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Received an empty envelope today. Went to Dish website and followed instructions but they are wrong. It says there should be a "report dvd problem" on the menu but there isn't. Website says to call Dish. Called Dish and they said to go to a Blockbuster store to report the problem. What the Heck kind of support is that? "John"

Hi, I am sorry you are having this issue. The enveolpe has a movie title on it? Was it in your queue? Is it still showing there because that is where your "Report A Problem" link will be? This is a Blockbuster issue as DISH Network does not have any control over the discs or queue and have no access to the systems to even be able to access the information. Please let me know and I will see what else I can do to assist you!

I just logged on and checked my queue. At the top of the page it shows Discs at Home. Under that is a header and below that the title, rating, shipped date, estimated arrival and a link to Report Problem. When I clicked on the link a pop-up came up with a list of problems to select from. The last on the list was empty envelope.

The problem is that the movie shows that it has been shipped (1-3-12). It DOES NOT show "Disc at home". My son who has Netflix said if it had shown that I had it, the menu would be different. I say it is a DishNetwork problem. "John"

The problem is that the movie shows that it has been shipped (1-3-12). It DOES NOT show "Disc at home". My son who has Netflix said if it had shown that I had it, the menu would be different. I say it is a DishNetwork problem. "John"
Maybe it will show up shortly as a Disc at Home and then you can report the problem. I have had a few that the information was a bit late getting updated. I don't understand how it can be a Dish Network problem other than they own Blockbuster. Blockbuster employees handle the operation. Basically Dish links to the Blockbuster site. I dropped my Blockbuster account when Dish gave it to us but it still shows up and I can order from either site.

I guess I call it a DishNetwork problem because the Phone # they tell you to call Is 1-800-333-Dish. Why don't they give you a Blockbuster # to call if it is a Blockbuster problem? "John"

I guess I call it a DishNetwork problem because the Phone # they tell you to call Is 1-800-333-Dish. Why don't they give you a Blockbuster # to call if it is a Blockbuster problem? "John"

I got this off the Blockbuster site but give it a try.

• Sunday - Thursday 8:00AM - 8:00PM Central
  • Friday - Saturday 8:00AM - Midnight Central
For questions about Blockbuster By Mail, Blockbuster On Demand, or Online Purchases, please call us at 1-866-692-2789

OK, here is the story according to Blockbuster. The envelope was distroyed by the post office. They didn't know where to send it so they returned it to blockbuster. So it was returned to Blockbuster without me ever seeing it. Blockbuster is in the process of sending me the next movie in my queue. Blockbuster was clueless that I never received the previous movie that was returned to them by the post office. That must be why I didn't have the "Movies at home" on the Dishnetwork website. Whew, what a fiasco. "John"

OK, here is the story according to Blockbuster. The envelope was distroyed by the post office. They didn't know where to send it so they returned it to blockbuster. So it was returned to Blockbuster without me ever seeing it. Blockbuster is in the process of sending me the next movie in my queue. Blockbuster was clueless that I never received the previous movie that was returned to them by the post office. That must be why I didn't have the "Movies at home" on the Dishnetwork website. Whew, what a fiasco. "John"

All I have heard about this BB and E* thing is nothing but problems. And the thing about having channels on dish attached to having a BB account seems wrong in some way.

All I have heard about this BB and E* thing is nothing but problems. And the thing about having channels on dish attached to having a BB account seems wrong in some way.

I had a BB account prior to Dish offering it. I maintained the account (free) after Dish offered it. I have never had a problem either before or after Dish got involved. And the OP's problem was not a Dish or Blockbuster problem. It was a USPS problem that could, and probably does happen to Netflix. Since I was paying the $10 previous to the BB addition then I consider BB a freebie. If you want the channels and not BB then just don't use BB. Granted the UI for the BB Movie pass could be a great deal better but again I consider it free.

That's because on a site like this the ratio of complainers to likers is higher than it really is. People rush here to bitch about a problem but rarely praise good or expected service. My BBMP service has been exceptional. One disc was scratched and wouldn't work. When I reported it on the site a replacement was quickly sent out. Mark me as a happy user.

Then you must not be reading too much...or you're just seeing what you want to see...as many of us have been thrilled with the service overall. Yes, there are some issues and "growing pains" but it is well worth the cost. As myron243 pointed out, for those of us who were already paying for Platinum we got the one disk free...or in my case three out at a time for only $10 more than I was already paying. If giving me a deal like that is "wrong" then I don't want to be right! :p

Plus keep in mind that any forum for any product/company is going to have a higher number of people complaining/seeking help, than people who are happy with the service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)