EncoreHD and PlayboyHD are now showing in the VOOM guide.

Guide info on new channels usually takes a couple days to come up. Use zap2it in the mean time.

They are using material from the Hot Network (SPICE) and Playboy. Playboy owns spice so the Playboy channel is a mix of Hot Network and Playboy, Cool. DirectV charges $12.00 for 3 hours of spice and Playboy, Voom $14.00 per month, very cool! So we should see Spice Clips and Night calls in HD.....

Taron1 said:
They are using material from the Hot Network (SPICE) and Playboy. Playboy owns spice so the Playboy channel is a mix of Hot Network and Playboy, Cool. DirectV charges $12.00 for 3 hours of spice and Playboy, Voom $14.00 per month, very cool! So we should see Spice Clips and Night calls in HD.....
Night Calls is real GOOD !!

The Nooner replay is on but the opening scene looks like it is zoom in. The quality is good but the aspect ratio looks bad. People looked too wide..

Not HD Video quality but it looks more like HD transfer in "ok" quality but zoomed in.

Nooner on DirectV is HD, Nooner on Voom is not! Way does directv have exclusive rights? Does the Program guide show HD?

First clip shown ---> Interested concept but the fact that I do not think it is true HD transfers kills it. This looks like a good 4x3 video clip that was zoomed in. Would not pay for this Nooner. However, it still good quality and much better than an SD clip. There's more details in everything. First clip showed in quite details everything you never saw in SD....

The DirectV feed is only on Thursday to Sunday at 9:00pm until the morning. The Voom nooner is not correct, I hope this is a mistake and it's just this episode that is not in HD. Sean do you have guide information for 701? Does it show HD for the Nooners?

Taron1 said:
The DirectV feed is only on Thursday to Sunday at 9:00pm until the morning. The Voom nooner is not correct, I hope this is a mistake and it's just this episode that is not in HD. Sean do you have guide information for 701? Does it show HD for the Nooners?

Yes, but I think the guide information is insignificant since it showed HD for even SD programs before this one. So you are looking at this correct? and you have seen the D*, correct? and they do not look the same, correct?

Yes, but I think the guide information is insignificant since it showed HD for even SD programs before this one. So you are looking at this correct? and you have seen the D*, correct? and they do not look the same, correct?

So you are looking at this correct? Yes

you have seen the D*, correct? Yes

and they do not look the same, correct? YES D* is HD - Voom SD widescreen

I just watched the Super Bowl on NFL-HD, and both it Playboy-HD didn't look so good. I notice this sometimes happens across all the HD channels, even Discovery HD. Anybody else notice it. Like your watching through the old screen door.

Well, this was a let down. I was expecting a true HD film or video and this is not doing it for me. Sorry I rather watch SD playboy than watching this. I really hope that Night Calls and Lexx in the City is nothing like this because otherwise this is playboy-sd widescreen and not playboy-hd.

cyuhnke said:
I just watched the Super Bowl on NFL-HD, and both it Playboy-HD didn't look so good. I notice this sometimes happens across all the HD channels, even Discovery HD. Anybody else notice it. Like your watching through the old screen door.

Don't know what you mean but I am watching Discovery HD right now and it looks fine. The NFL-HD films are transfers from 16mm films. Even though the NFL does not want to recognize it, the transfer is not as good as if it was from a 35mm film. So therefore the HD picture on the NFL Game of the Week will never look like the HD video shot by CBS or ABC. The NFL needs to just buy the right from CBS or ABC and forget about this 16mm transfer.

Taron1 said:

guys, I can shed some light on this issue. This nooner replay for whatever reason isn't in hd, but this afternoon, *this same episode* was in HD. Even the clips they showed during the show were transfered, they were 4x3, but had side bars that read, "high definition". The main call in portion of the show was shot in HD widescreen, and looked great, Now it just seems that everything is stretched? I don't know hwy it's being played like this now, but rest assured it was on in HD earlier, and looked just like the D* feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts