encryptions appearing on DirectTV t.v. screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.
everyone here seems to think it's the CC, why not trying to turn on the CC and see what happens? and then see if they go away, change, dont change...just where would i start looking

Qr99if

If you Google Qr99if....you will get a result....it leads you to a Japanese symboled website...click translate this page> scroll down to #750 > click on one of the qR99if listed....there will be an English translation !

To: Davedirctv.....I did that over the weekend Dave. They were set on CC3....I changed the setting to CC1. When I turned the television off at bedtime, then turned it on the next morning the closed caption...CC was on. My televisions does not have an off and on options for closed captions.

To: Davedirctv.....I did that over the weekend Dave. They were set on CC3....I changed the setting to CC1. When I turned the television off at bedtime, then turned it on the next morning the closed caption...CC was on. My televisions does not have an off and on options for closed captions.

I know this is a very obvious one, but have you checked your RECVR settings, you mentioned your TV already, how about the recvr ?

Menu-Set Up-System Set Up-Display-Captioning- OFF

I did what you stated Dave...Menu>Set Up> System Set Up> Display>Captioning>OFF

After Display> there is no Captioning option , just.....
Banner Time= 4 seconds
Language= English
Guide Shows= Grid first

All TVs have an on/off for closed captions somewhere in the menus. What TV do you have?

Which exact model numbers? They have to have an on/off otherwise you would get closed captions on every channel even if you did not want them.

There are both SONY TRINITRON XBR televisions. The closed caption is set by the channel that you choose. There is no on/off

Which exact model numbers? They have to have an on/off otherwise you would get closed captions on every channel even if you did not want them.

So these are older Sony TV's ?
As Tex mentioned, model #'s would help.

Sorry, there's no government conspiracy here. Those aren't 'encryptions', they're just garbage closed captioning. Are you running the receiver's output through another device like a VCR or other recorder? Make sure closed captioning (all modes) is off on every device in the chain between the TV and the DirecTV receiver, including the TV and receiver. If it continues, it's possible that there's a problem with the receiver or TV. If you have more than one receiver, put them both on the same channel when you experience this issue and see if it's happening on both.

It is a KV-32XBR85.....I never said that it was a Government conspiracy ! I gave possible reasons for what was appearing on the television. You can think what you want, and I will think what I want.
This is the info in the owners manual.
CC!,CC2,CC3, or CC4 shows you a caption, that is a printed version of the dialog or sound effects of a program. (The Mode should be set to CC1 for most programs).
Like I said before there is no on/off. Download the manual online and have a look. I like your idea of looking at both televisions on the same channel. I will try it. Too bad I did not do it this morning...they were busy on the screen! It does not happening every day.

I read the manual and I had no problem finding out how to get rid of captions. The display button cycles through display of channel number>extended data service>caption vision>off. This is explained on page 17 (and referred to on page 35).

Yes, I followed your instructions, and the > display is off.

And the captions is OFF on the recvr ?

Presuming your gonna say Yes.

What other devices do you have connected to your TV for video input ?

If you have an OTA antenna set up, does it do it there as well ?

How about a DVD player ?

Just wondering if we have another input and remove the D* recvr does it still do it ...
Curious, have you tried moving your D* recvr to another TV , if the box is causing it, it should happen there as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts