Ended activations of 4dtv? What do they mean??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CenterFreq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I stumbled across this message on a programming website. The message was not dated:
"Motorola has ended all activations of Cband 4dtv Receivers. Because of this we had to stop selling Cband programming. I suggest that you convert your CBAND system to a FTA system to get all the free programming."
Can somebody tell me what this means and how old it is? I was going to reinstall my son's C band rig and possibly add a couple of ala carte channels when I found the above message.

You can still activate a DSR921 with Shaw Direct. I did one about 10 days ago and was the first one that any of them could recollect for years. All of the tech people wanted the glory. It took 3 days, but was done after a while. Too bad I converted it to free to air with MapMasters. :) I kept the activated bin, just incase.

Actually the op's post was correct.
Motorola did end all their activations and they stopped their download of guide and satellite info on Jan 4, 2010.
However SRL took over and people had to convert their 4DTV receivers over to the H2H EMM provider number.
Any receiver showing an EMM of 1000 could no longer get programming but once they converted over to the H2H EMM (1040) they were then able to use the 4DTV receivers to sub with SRL with the new EMM in the receiver.

A search on the forums for 4DTV conversion may help give more information on all this but it has been over 2 years now since all this took place.

A quick check on your diagnostic screen should tell you which EMM provider you have in the receiver.
using the remote.... press, Options 6>0>5 and arrow to Diag B top line in center should now start with 1040 if it was converted to H2H.
The 2nd line on Diag B all the way on the left should also have the same number, 1040.
If it shows 1000 then your receiver needs to be converted if you want to use it to sub to programming .

PrinceLH said:
You can still activate a DSR921 with Shaw Direct. I did one about 10 days ago and was the first one that any of them could recollect for years. All of the tech people wanted the glory. It took 3 days, but was done after a while. Too bad I converted it to free to air with MapMasters. :) I kept the activated bin, just incase.

Please provide more details? What package did u get?

I just activated it on my account. I was able to receive what my package "Ontario Value Package" gave me, off of 107w Ku. Of course it was all SD, but it was done with the help of their tech staff.

Ice, I believe this was the site: http://www.northernmostsat.com/ but for some reason, I cannot log onto it today. Weird!
Thank you Stargaze and PrinceLH. I'm going to have to come back to the C band install later, as now I am pressured to get AMC 9 up on our Ku rig and my receiver doesn't even list it. I'm going over to an appropriate forum with this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts