English Premier League - No More Pay-Per-View?

twd3lr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Benton, AR
I receive weekly soccer TV schedule updates for different leagues and competitions around the world from soccerTV.com. In the last few emails I have received from them there has been a statement in regard to the EPL:

"No more pay-per-view in the US! More details coming soon!"

Anyone have any information about this? Does this mean that these games will now all be carried on a non-PPV basis (please! please!) or does it mean we won't get them at all (noooooooooooo!) ?

Thanks!

twd3lr said:
I receive weekly soccer TV schedule updates for different leagues and competitions around the world from soccerTV.com. In the last few emails I have received from them there has been a statement in regard to the EPL:

"No more pay-per-view in the US! More details coming soon!"

Anyone have any information about this? Does this mean that these games will now all be carried on a non-PPV basis (please! please!) or does it mean we won't get them at all (noooooooooooo!) ?

Thanks!

Let's just hope we will get them as regular programming. Perhaps David Beckham is footing the bill. Pun intended.

As I noted in an earlier thread, I have received confirmation from a well placed source that those PPV matches will now be airing on Setanta Sports Channel. Matches from the Dutch Eredivisie and French Ligue 1 are also being added to Setanta's lineup.

Not at this time. I had heard an interview with the President of Setanta North America say that they were negotiating and that it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months, but he was hoping for sooner rather than later.

If you want to voice your opinion, request the channel at ceo@echostar.com

Thanks! I just sent an email to Dish as you suggested. I can't believe they wouldn't consider offering Setanta if the price is right. The lost revenue from the EPL PPV has to be a determining factor.

Unless you've got numbers to back you up, don't assume there's a huge EPL following in the states. The lack of football-love in the states is the reason a channel like setanta doesn't get put up immediately. With FSC and GOL TV and other niche sports channels, I'd say we'll get it eventually but E* will make you sweat a bit before giving it to you.

twd3lr said:
Thanks! I just sent an email to Dish as you suggested. I can't believe they wouldn't consider offering Setanta if the price is right. The lost revenue from the EPL PPV has to be a determining factor.

The EPL PPV package was the biggest subs in the US then any other sports package even NFL:ST according to an EPL tv interview I saw on FSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)