Enigma2 alpha installed on Ultra

Could someone please explain what Enigma 2 is all about, and where do you get it from?

Dreambox OS being currently ported to work on AZbox. You can google it to read more about it. Current version is alpha and not fully functional and using it could brick your box if your not careful. My guess is you'll see a beta version before the end of the year which should give you a better idea of its capabilities.

Pro96: Good advice, but sometimes you gotta have some fun ;) I am going back to factory firmware as I couldn't tune any S2 channels.

I would put the 5020 patch by itself in my USB stick and tried to get access to it by AZup 1.1 but it keep saying it can't go to rescue mode.
With 5020 on Stick, Power Cycle the AZ using the Switch on the Back.
What's that result?

Well, after the fuss about the mess my Ultra was in because of the E2 installation, I am going to give my opinion about it.
The E2 is really a Dreambox software. The use of it on the Ultra is very limited. If you use HDMI to your HD tv, doesn't work. Really I wasn't impressed with it.
I would recommend that the AZBox users leave this software alone until it is official to use it.
I notice in the threads that some of you seem pleased with the results, even if it is in the alpha stage.

Well, after the fuss about the mess my Ultra was in because of the E2 installation, I am going to give my opinion about it.
The E2 is really a Dreambox software. The use of it on the Ultra is very limited. If you use HDMI to your HD tv, doesn't work. Really I wasn't impressed with it.
I would recommend that the AZBox users leave this software alone until it is official to use it.
I notice in the threads that some of you seem pleased with the results, even if it is in the alpha stage.

right now its not meant for the end user. its meant for beta testing. enigma2 runs on various hardware and the addition of the azbox family is awesome. if the source ever goes public amazing things can happen. give credit where credit is due and right now the people compiling the azbox enigma2 source are due credit. haha. atleast it gives us azbox owners yet another use for our awesome hardware. its important to document the bugs you find so they can be addressed. your HDMI issue may have been the fact that enigma2 defaults to 720p50 pal resolution. my home theatre handles this resolution so i dont notice any issues with my elite. other than the known a/v sync sound issue i thought it was a very useable offering. worked well with my hardware.

crackt out,.

HDMI also worked on my display because it can handle PAL although I have previously configured it for NTSC. The reason HDMI didn't work on your display was that you didn't take the time to edit your the boot file so its not really surprising. E2 works fine with NTSC HDMI displays but the guys who are developing are in Europe and use PAL so no great surprise that is the default. As far as current functionality, I'd agree that its definitely not ready for regular usage although know one has said an alpha ver is. Glad to hear you were able to return to factory firmware.

I've been trying to find this AzUP software but I'm not having luck. Google gives me links but I don't see this program listed at those links.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)