Enter to win: Sadoun SF95LK Satellite Signal Meter Kit End 4/30/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I lived in the Calif Desert without electricity back in the mid 80's, used a solar system that is still running today. No electricity means of course, no phone or cable, so it wa the 12' wineguard or nothing.

Went from that eventually to the pizza pan offered by DirecTV, then went to DishNet a few years ago. Bought a Conaxsat and discovered there was more out there that I had forgotten all about.

Moved to Arizona two years ago, and attached is a view of "some" of my dishes. There are more at the front of the house for the Livingroom TV, these are for the TV in the bedroom.

With all that, I think I need help in aiming my dishes (hee hee).

Thanks for a wonderful forum and site.

Photto

Attachments

• Photo_041109_001.jpg
    Photo_041109_001.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 156
When I was a small child back in the late 90's I always watched tv on my grand parents dish network system, 2700 I believe. It always intrigued me how a small 18"-20" steel dish with an eye on the end could pull in tv from a hunk of metal 23,000 miles away in space. I then found a directv system at a yardsale several years later and set it up. I didnt know where it pointed, i didnt even have a signal meter, I just dragged out a small color TV and the receiver and just swept it till I hit something. It was cool to see the screen light up with about 2-3 channels. (too young to subscribe and parents didnt have much intrest in TV.) i then ran across an old dish 1000 system and hooked it up. this was back when they were using blue cards, and i got nasa, and all the cd channels.
Then I ran across a old white satellite dish at my neigbors. It was too bulk to move with only my dads help. We gave up and the lady scrapped it, i asked her what brand it was and she said it was a birdview, witch at the time I had NO idea about them being famous, or I would of kept it. Then about 2 years later I ran across a 10 foot winegard dish. Wich i transplanted pole and all into the dirt north of my house. I fiddle with it for at least a month with and old toshiba receiver. But after a month I got tired of it, after setting everything right for my area, it could only pick up sats about 15-60W. So I gave up, and scrapped it. (aluminum was worth alot at the time too)

then after messing around with old receivers and coolsats for FTA. I soon got bored of fta, there were not alot of full time channels, unless there was a couple of wild feeds.

so I got that old directv system back up, and called the number and got hooked up. then, they told me since they were going to mpeg4 they would have to give me a new receiver sweet! then i bought a old tivo off ebay, then it went down the poop tube, i called and they gave me a new dvr R22... Sweet!

I then ran across a perfect 10 dish at an auction, i have messed around with it and am safe to say that it easily out peforms the winegard.

I am outside alot during the summer, so i do alot of fta'in during the winter months. I can aim a dish on amc-4 without any sort of meter.

When I move to colorado in a couple years... Im going to buy 2-3 new c band dishes and set them up.. I like dish hunting, but most of my finds are not in tip-top shape.

I plan on having a 6 footer steel solid, 8 foot mesh, and a 12 foot mesh./

A signal meter is a must for fine tuning your dish. Sometimes I have found that just the smallest tweak is the difference between tiling and no tiling. :)

I considered FTA for a while before finally jumping in a year ago when I got a dish/lnb/receiver set from a member within driving distance (no shipping = good). I ordered a DG380 motor from Sadoun shortly after, and the whole setup has been really handy for feeds during college football/basketball seasons. :)

OK, today is the last day for this contest. Get your entry in for a chance to win this handy meter kit.

Hey, I like this song, it rhymes
:

Get your entry in for a chance to win

:up:up :)

Dish Hunting...

I went to an out of business local Mall last week where I had seen an abandoned 1.2m Prodelin offset dish. After several inquiries, I was able to locate the Property Manager's office number and I called to speak to him and the secretary told me to call back after 1pm. I was ecstatic. If successful, this will be my very first dish hunting experience. :D At about 2:15pm or so, I called and my call was passed thru to the property Manager. Even before, I finished saying my name and what I was calling for...........the property manger blew up!!!! Why do you want to steal our dish from our property??? :confused:I was speechless!!! :confused:Before, I could say more, he said......our property is off limits to you!!! We have cameras all around it!!!! If you're seen anywhere around that property, you will be arrested and sent to jail!! :(By this time, I was furious....... :mad:I said to him, but.........He screamed shut your filthy mouth!!! What don't you understand, and the next thing I heard was a loud CLICK........and there was silence. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong in this entire dish hunting episode????? :confused:

Discovered FTA a little over a year ago. Enjoy playing and seeing what's up there FREE of charge! Thanks to Sadoun and all the sponsors for the contests!

Baba what you got in touch with there is what we call an ---hole! I'd be tempted to go find his office and see if he wanted to speak to me in person in that manner. Just mark it up to experience, his wife prob burned his toast or something...

I went to an out of business local Mall last week where I had seen an abandoned 1.2m Prodelin offset dish. After several inquiries, I was able to locate the Property Manager's office number and I called to speak to him and the secretary told me to call back after 1pm. I was ecstatic. If successful, this will be my very first dish hunting experience. :D At about 2:15pm or so, I called and my call was passed thru to the property Manager. Even before, I finished saying my name and what I was calling for...........the property manger blew up!!!! Why do you want to steal our dish from our property??? :confused:I was speechless!!! :confused:Before, I could say more, he said......our property is off limits to you!!! We have cameras all around it!!!! If you're seen anywhere around that property, you will be arrested and sent to jail!! :(By this time, I was furious....... :mad:I said to him, but.........He screamed shut your filthy mouth!!! What don't you understand, and the next thing I heard was a loud CLICK........and there was silence. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong in this entire dish hunting episode????? :confused:

well, if anyone speaks to me like that, I would turn them in for phone harrasement. I would also personally drive to his house, and ask him what kind of person are you to talk to someone like that!

Baba what you got in touch with there is what we call an ---hole! I'd be tempted to go find his office and see if he wanted to speak to me in person in that manner. Just mark it up to experience, his wife prob burned his toast or something...

I agree. The guy must have some real issues. Who knows, with the way the economy is going he may get the pink slip soon...............and I will have the last laugh!:) That's if I ever get to know he lost his job.

well, if anyone speaks to me like that, I would turn them in for phone harrasement. I would also personally drive to his house, and ask him what kind of person are you to talk to someone like that!
It was a real shocker for me. Driving to his home or ofiice if I knew where they were may not be a smart legal move on my part, so I let it go.

Last edited:
I have to admit the further i get into true fta the more i learn , and i sure could of used this kit when setting up my system . Hint ;} , i'm working on upgrading to a larger dish .

It was a real shocker for me. Driving to his home or ofiice if I knew where they were may not be a smart legal move on my part, so I let it go.

I dont know much, but I think the prodelins on top of stores are for credit card transactions. So he may not wanted to part with it due to if someone else buys the store, they would have to buy a new dish.

The best places to look would be aboneded cell phone tower. I would place an ad in the paper.

To get that guy back, I would put in your local paper, that he is a rude person, and no-one should do bussiness with him

I agree. The guy must have some real issues. Who knows, with the way the economy is going he may get the pink slip soon...............and I will have the last laugh!:) That's if I ever get to know he lost his job.

Its possible that you were not speaking with someone in charge, but rather some lowlife that intercepted the call and wanted to have some fun :( Sadly, there are many people like that about... Things like that have happened to me in the past, just creeps who get their thrills from that sort of stuff. Don't let it get to you (I know... easier said than done)...

A signal meter is a must for fine tuning your dish. Sometimes I have found that just the smallest tweak is the difference between tiling and no tiling. :)

Congratulations to bubba108 Your are the lucky winner.

You have WON!.

Please PM me your name,email address, home address, and telephone number. Winner must reply within 48 hours. Make sure your email is correct. If a selected winner fails to claim a prize no alternate winner will be selected.

Congrats.I thought about entering but since I have a kit allready I didn't wanna take away a chance for another member.Sometimes those meters are very usefull.

Thanks for the contest Sadoun

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)