Enter to Win: Sponsors Super Satellite Sampler System - Contest Ends 2.28.2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A coworker told me his brother-in-law was getting all of Dish's channels using FTA so I put FTA in the search engine and SatelliteGuys came up in the search.

It looked more interesting to go with the "True FTA" than with the eye patch gang.

Glad I did.

I first got interested in FTA when I took a job in another state. With the economy shrinking down, so was our budgets. Our house didn't sell so the family stayed there while I communted weekly. I rented a small place in the town I was working in and we couldn't afford to get another DN setup for there, so I started doing some research about 'how to get free tv' and eventually came across "Satelliteguys". The crew here got me started on my first FTA setup & Now I am a FTA Hobbyist for life!!

Thanks for the contest!

Wow! Sign me up! This is exactly what I'm looking for to make the plunge!

Knew nothing about/or of this till now! - quick research - another world I never knew of....would love to dive in.............

Wow, that is an awe inspiring set of booty for one lucky recipient.

>What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

Believe it or not, I got my first FTA receiver (already had a 10' bud) because of not a single channel, but a single show on a single channel. NBC came out with a new show that our family enjoyed immensely. When NBC did not bring it back, they sold it (or somesuch) to the Pax network. Since Pax was FTA on C-Band, I bought a receiver to get that one show.

I haven't looked back since...

I used to help a cousin install 10 foot buds back 25 years ago. One day over a year ago I did a google search and found out people were still using those big dishes for FTA! I was hooked. I enjoy the thought that FTA is the fine art of scrounging parts, and dishes that would otherwise go to the scrap yard. I'd love new system like this so I can finish the system I started for my brother last year. Blind:)

I became interested in satellite programming years ago, my uncle had a c-band setup. I helped him tweak, as much as a 10 year old can, more of a go-fer than anything. Fast forward 25 years....I was at a friends house that had a motorized KU setup, he showed me how he set his up and what to look for in a good receiver. I bought my first motorized dish last summer from Sadoun and have been loving it ever since!

This is a incredible opportunity, THANK YOU!

Buzz

What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?

I would tell them that it brings channel surfing to a new level. There is so much free stuff out there that you can surf forever and not run out of stuff to see.

Thanks guys. Looks like a great bundle. I got interested in fta when I got tired of seeing all the bum channels D offered and they kept going up on the price.

Wow, nice contest!

What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
Just have a look here [thelist] and see what you can watch for free! Buy one and I'll come help you put it together/put it together for you! [depending on their level of technical skill]

What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?
Learned about it here, after I found this site looking for info about dish network. I think some of Iceberg's posts about his dish farm got me interested.

That is a very good prize. I have been interested in FTA since I was a kid and my uncle got his bud in the early 80's because he could not get cable where he lived. Move ahead about twenty years and I finally moved to the country in 2005. I have two Ku dishes (1 motor, 1 fixed) and a C-band dish (Ghetto moved) installed. I am very interested in all the feeds. I love the feeds and am scanning them about every night. Love the sporting event feeds, news feeds, concerts and live events. I don't know if it is more fun watching them or finding them.

I got interested in FTA when i heard you could get 500 DishNetwork channels for free. :D:D:D. Just kidding. Actually, i heard there was some good stuff on G10 long ago. So i had to get it.

I got interest in FTA through this site. I do not have an FTA set up at this time, but I would think the interest in different types of programming would hook just about anyone I know.

Got interested in FTA when Carrier Air Conditioning sent my job to Mexico

Got interested in FTA when Carrier Air Conditioning sent my job to Monterrey, Mexico and I had less money and more time.

I've had a a big dish forever, but now am TOTALLY amazed at the huge number of channels that are up in the air FREE for the viewing.

Anyone that has a little money, and some time should get involved. Especially old Ham Operators!!

Thanks, John

This contest sure has drawn a crowd in short order!
Heck, there's enough goodies to make several fine contests!

What would I tell someone to get them into FTA?

For anyone living outside the top 30 DMAs, I suspect FTA is mandatory.
I'm in the #2 market, so much of the better FTA is available OTA, here.
We even had The Tube, back in the day.
:)
There is a rich collection of programming available, and it just gives more viewing choices.
That's true, regardless of whether you like feeds, news, dedicated programming, or non-English entertainment! - :up
My personal heritage is distantly German, but I like small doses of Japanese drama.

What got me interested?

Well, the technical group here was quite a valuable draw.
There was lots to learn, and fun things to experiment with.
I was already reading the DishNetwork forum, so it was a natural progression.

I became interested in FTA orginally for the news feeds and NASA and tell friends about the same things.

How I got hooked on FTA.

My wife is from Asia - she was always wishing she could watch tv shows in her native language. As result, I stumbled onto this website while trying to find a DirecTv or Dishnet international channel on the internet.

I got into FTA by first having a 3ABN KU system - then wondering what else is up there?
Been hooked ever since!
Bob Westcott

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts