Entering AC3 PID on CS8000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've never had to add an AC-3 PID. The only manual entry I've had to do is CW on 91W. Do you have a particular channel in mind ?
:)

The West HD PBS feed on 12138 did not scan in on auto pid even after 3 tries. So I went to the pid scan and entered the pid data listed in the list, I got the video great, but now I have the "No Audio" box displayed. I entered "68" if memory serves for the apid.

The East HD feed scanned in just fine after just one try. The Q is pegged on the signal meter.

i think your out of luck. if i remember correctly you cannot enter an ac3 apid manually. there is no way to designate it ac3 and so you get the no audio displayed on screen.

crackt out,.

Well, I just restored factory defaults to my spare CS8000, and entered the 12140 V 30000 transponder manually. Then a manual scan and it picked up both channels just fine.
So, I'd say manually delete that tp from your stb, reboot the stb. Add the transponder back in, and manually scan it. Maybe something good will happen.

Thanks Brent. I'll try that after I'm done watching FB with it. Thanks to your help, I've really gotten a lot of use out of this box.

I like the box, too, but I'd like it a lot better if I could back it and restore it reliably. Luckily it only takes me a couple hours to set it up for the whole arc from scratch.

yeah I've seen that issue. Sometimes a hard reboot (flip switch off then on) then do a manual scan fixes it. Use to have times where it wouldnt scan channels that were known to be there or would show wacky things like wrong PIDS

Thanks Ice.

I'll try the hard reboot 1st, then go for the TP delete, re-enter next if needed. But not 'til FOOTBALL is done of course:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)