Enterprise & Smallville

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi All, I am a Star Trek & Superman fan and for those of you who watch these shows HD Net has both shows on weekly in HD.

I also have the $10 Essentials HD pack & HD Net is included. Just wanted to let the sci fi fans know.:)

Yeah, I've only ever seen Enterprise on a crappy, pixilated, fuzzy, snowy, ghosty Dish SD local, so seeing it in HD is awesome.

I've also gotten hooked on "UFO" on Voom Family; set in the far distant future... 1980! Now if they'd only pick up Space 1999...

Space 1999 was a hoot. Totally implausible but it had a weird charm to it. I'd also like to see the Starlost again. For thsoe that don't remember it Starlost was a Harlan Ellison that went bad. i believe he had his name taken off it.

Keir Dullea and Dan Rowan's daughter. He disowned her supposedly for marrying Peter Lawford but maybe it was taking a part in Starlost.

I didn't realize it was a series: I long time ago saw a TV movie called "The Starlost Beginning" (or something to that effect). Sometime after the travesty that was "Galactica 1980" went off the air. Would that have been the pilot? Although, I don't remember ever seeing another episode after that.

Farmers, right? Find a hatch in their field that takes them down into the ship... or am I thinking of Lost?

Now I'm curious; time to check out IMDB...

10 of the 16 episodes were edited down to 5 feature-length movies in the 80's. This series started out so well, too. :( I still remember in the original episode when Keir Dullea's character first sat down in a chair within the corridors of the ship, and a computer avatar (looking like somebody's grandfather) suddenly appeared on the monitor to say, "May I help you?"

Yeah, yeah, we all know that 2001 did a talking computer a long time before that. But I was blown away. It was obvious that this particular computer had (in the show's context) a CG face. I was professionally involved in (very primitive) computer graphics back then (1973?), and a CG face was well beyond state of the art at that time.

I've kept the $20 HD package mainly for HDNet and HDNet Movies which were NOT supposed to be included in the $10 pack. Not doubting you (really!), but would you please confirm if both are included in the $10 package?

Thanks!

I really like Smallville, wish my local CW station broadcast in HD, unfortunately they only do digital SD.

Your missing out! Nothing beats OTA PQ. I watch it on my local CW in HD and the picture beats out the donwrezzed HDNet any day.

I've kept the $20 HD package mainly for HDNet and HDNet Movies which were NOT supposed to be included in the $10 pack. Not doubting you (really!), but would you please confirm if both are included in the $10 package?

Thanks!

HD Net is part of the essentials pack $10.

HD Net Movies is NOT part of the essitials pack.

See ya
Tony

You must have HAL 9000 tracking all this tv programming crap for you!

HAL1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)