Enterprise & Smallville

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi All, I am a Star Trek & Superman fan and for those of you who watch these shows HD Net has both shows on weekly in HD.

I also have the $10 Essentials HD pack & HD Net is included. Just wanted to let the sci fi fans know.:)

Yeah, I've only ever seen Enterprise on a crappy, pixilated, fuzzy, snowy, ghosty Dish SD local, so seeing it in HD is awesome.

I've also gotten hooked on "UFO" on Voom Family; set in the far distant future... 1980! Now if they'd only pick up Space 1999...

Space 1999 was a hoot. Totally implausible but it had a weird charm to it. I'd also like to see the Starlost again. For thsoe that don't remember it Starlost was a Harlan Ellison that went bad. i believe he had his name taken off it.

Keir Dullea and Dan Rowan's daughter. He disowned her supposedly for marrying Peter Lawford but maybe it was taking a part in Starlost.

I didn't realize it was a series: I long time ago saw a TV movie called "The Starlost Beginning" (or something to that effect). Sometime after the travesty that was "Galactica 1980" went off the air. Would that have been the pilot? Although, I don't remember ever seeing another episode after that.

Farmers, right? Find a hatch in their field that takes them down into the ship... or am I thinking of Lost?

Now I'm curious; time to check out IMDB...

10 of the 16 episodes were edited down to 5 feature-length movies in the 80's. This series started out so well, too. :( I still remember in the original episode when Keir Dullea's character first sat down in a chair within the corridors of the ship, and a computer avatar (looking like somebody's grandfather) suddenly appeared on the monitor to say, "May I help you?"

Yeah, yeah, we all know that 2001 did a talking computer a long time before that. But I was blown away. It was obvious that this particular computer had (in the show's context) a CG face. I was professionally involved in (very primitive) computer graphics back then (1973?), and a CG face was well beyond state of the art at that time.

I've kept the $20 HD package mainly for HDNet and HDNet Movies which were NOT supposed to be included in the $10 pack. Not doubting you (really!), but would you please confirm if both are included in the $10 package?

Thanks!

I really like Smallville, wish my local CW station broadcast in HD, unfortunately they only do digital SD.

Your missing out! Nothing beats OTA PQ. I watch it on my local CW in HD and the picture beats out the donwrezzed HDNet any day.

I've kept the $20 HD package mainly for HDNet and HDNet Movies which were NOT supposed to be included in the $10 pack. Not doubting you (really!), but would you please confirm if both are included in the $10 package?

Thanks!

HD Net is part of the essentials pack $10.

HD Net Movies is NOT part of the essitials pack.

See ya
Tony

You must have HAL 9000 tracking all this tv programming crap for you!

HAL1.jpg