EOL Amiko Mini SE and GEOsatpro MircoHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
....simple as FTA..... that's funny
I think he was referring to the format, you just change the channels to watch as I posted earlier about Television vs IPTV.

Eugene,

For me, as far as IPTV goes, I suppose it would depend on the content. I really don't like what our culture has devolved into and its reflected in anything newly produced. "Reality", violence or general idiocracy ... forget it.

Short list of thinks I would like:
1. Science , not the reality science shows of today.
2. History, "Civil War"on PBS just ran again, I could watch that always.
3. TV and Movies produced before 1980. Think back to some of the older shows.
There was always a wholesome story that taught valuable and moral life lessons.
And you would never hear Ward or June Cleaver say b!tc$ or ho!
Wally and Beaver weren't gang bangers and they would never "cap" anyone.

CGI in movies today just looks so fake to me. Give me the model boat in the pool or a rocket on a string, my brain just prefers that for some reason.

Lessons were taught that instilled morals, ethics and responsibility in the youth of the day.
Today's programming does none of this. I just don't fit the demographic producers cater
to these days, I have half a brain at least and I strive to build on that.

My bandwidth was also limited at the time I explored IPTV. There were only small windows of time late at night when I could watch. Most streams were HD and totally unwatchable for me no matter what. Five minutes of buffering per 5 minute of watching. I don't mind the grain of low bitrate streams, but like I said I don't fit any demographics.

I hope this was not too long of an answer Eugene.

Last edited:
I think he was referring to the format, you just change the channels to watch as I posted earlier about Television vs IPTV.

Eugene,

For me, as far as IPTV goes, I suppose it would depend on the content. I really don't like what our culture has devolved into and its reflected in anything newly produced. "Reality", violence or general idiocracy ... forget it.

Short list of thinks I would like:
1. Science , not the reality science shows of today.
2. History, "Civil War"on PBS just ran again, I could watch that always.
3. TV and Movies produced before 1980. Think back to some of the older shows.
There was always a wholesome story that taught valuable and moral life lessons.
And you would never hear Ward or June Cleaver say b!tc$ or ho!
Wally and Beaver weren't gang bangers and they would never "cap" anyone.

CGI in movies today just looks so fake to me. Give me the model boat in the pool or a rocket on a string, my brain just prefers that for some reason.

Lessons were taught that instilled morals, ethics and responsibility in the youth of the day.
Today's programming does none of this. I just don't fit the demographic producers cater
to these days, I have half a brain at least and I strive to build on that.

My bandwidth was also limited at the time I explored IPTV. There were only small windows of time late at night when I could watch. Most streams were HD and totally unwatchable for me no matter what. Five minutes of buffering per 5 minute of watching. I don't mind the grain of low bitrate streams, but like I said I don't fit any demographics.

I hope this was not too long of an answer Eugene.
Yep, that's the type of ideas we are talking about.

My big one will be adding curriculum and educational materials. Many colleges have televised courses that come with downloadable materials. I know this is not easy to make today, but Science, History, Movies (free licensed), education, Travel, Sci-Fi, Culture, Archeology.. It's not difficult to imagine..

Point is, organizing it into simple access doesn't have to resemble FTA, but it still can be simple..

And yes, even if it's funny, pun indented :)

Reactions: fred555
Maybe nobody wants another openbox but the openbox diamond does acm vcm and has all the satellite functionality we'd expect. Of course... Ive not used one so I dont know how WELL it works. Dont know anyone who offers it in the US.

Don't know how a FTA STB could implement VCM. It is a negotiated modulation. Better confirm this before posting this information in multiple threads.

Maybe others could confirm if VCM is possible on a system with no return path?

No word at this time.

Is all new stock depleted on the Mini HD SE? Only one I've seen is at GotCband for $200 :eek:

Yes, no Mini HD SE's left. I think GotCband just has that as a place holder.

I understood your previous post T134. What is this new replacement for the MINI HD SE going to enhance? Will i get 4:22, UHD? or ACM?? -- A faster CPU isn't necessary unless its doing UHD? I have no speed issues with my MiniHDSE. Channels change fast, menus are smooth. The reason they are creating and EOL is to try and force you to buy another unit. FINE, but put some features in it that will make it a better satellite receiver!
Yes, I feel the same thing here:imshocked...Is too early to shoot down "'Amiko Mini HD SE" (great receiver). I dont know exactly when arrived to America but I can count easily the months with the fingers. My coolsat is counted by Years and still is connected with coaxial cable.lol:hatsoff
The problem here is that the support will stop and probably will lost their applications starting with "youtube":(...
By Years I know the answers: This receiver is not supported any more..Move up! to never receiver..:blah
As iBoston said at least will enhance with those capabilities I do not see "features" reasons to Upgrade..This receiver can manage the Internet very well, superior to others expensive receivers. The IPTV runs faster with low MB of internet connection.. I have tested. The Rec capabilities is very good too..Quality Picture Excellent..
I know the receiver has defects but I would like to hear to fix the defects and improve the applications than shot down the support..
pd: At least Bring to America something Like Amiko mini HD SE but "Open Source" at the same cost:penguin

I have a MicroHD and an Amiko A3. I've had more than enough of the nonsense from the A3 and I'm about to put it up for sale and buy another MicroHD.
I've had it about 2 years I guess and it's been 100% flawless. It works. Like a butterknife, it does one thing and it does it every time and is does nothing else.

I have an Apple TV 3 and a Roku 3 and I'm soon going to add an Apple TV 4 and a Roku 4 so that I have Roku and Apple in all the room of my house, I'm keeping the older ones as they still work great.

The A3 is nothing but trouble and completely unreliable. I didn't realize the MicroHD is nearing extinction until I stumbled on this thread so I'm going to buy one ASAP while I still can.
It's a great satellite tuner, I'm surprised it's being dropped. I guess since it doesn't make toast and coffee it has to go. I once wanted a "one box to do it all" but after I got one I realized it's just too much to ask for.
So I end up with lots of different STB boxes for subscription Dish, FTA and IPTV but since each box is dedicated to a single task all their efforts went into building it for the one thing and not 100 things.

"Progress", usually isn't.

Reactions: barleyguy
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)