EOL dates set for Droid X/2

That lists Droid X on Android ECLAIR 2.1. The Droid X I have is on FROYO. Are they still selling 2.1 versions of the X? Or is the Eclair a historic typo in their database, never getting cleaned up when it went to 2.2.

Figures, I buy a phone and 5 months later it is slated for EOL; but that's ok. The DX is a great phone and will serve me well for a while. The only thing I hate is the locked bootloader.

Oh, and it lists Droid 2, not Droid 2 Global. No surprise there.

Its good news for me. That means the X will be on Csouth sooner rather than later.

I suspect this has to do with new LTE phones coming out, and of course they will want to push us all away from the unlimited plans we have now.

Todd, the X is an awesome phone; I hope CS gets it soon for you!

I suspect stores have phones with 2.1 on them but it will catch the 2.2 update within days of being activated.

EOL doesn't mean anything though really. I think my Eris reached that a few months ago. It just means you can't buy a new one... VZW still supports it 100%. You can even get a refurbished replacement if necessary.

Yeah, I figure it is in anticipation of the LTE sets as well. And yes, all it means is that they wont sell new ones anymore. Nothing else really.

I figure that we will get it soon after the date, and that will be what I get next I imagine. I have been close to getting our Galaxy variant, and while it is a great phone, I would rather have a Moto.

Is there a Droid 3 coming out then? Where is a list of new phones coming out in the next few months?

The original Droid and the Droid 2 were almost a year apart, weren't they ? I think it's too early to look for a Droid 3. That said, I'm sure there will be one... and a "4" and "5" and so on. I'll bet VZW paid George Lucas a pretty penny and got a number of years for naming rights and will use it ! :)

And remember the Droid 2 is being EOL'd NOT the Droid 2 Global. Two different phones. We have known for awhile that the D2 was going to be short-lived.

Android 2.2.1 upgrade out for the Samsung Epic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)