EPG active?

shibby191

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Somewhere
Just wondering if the EPG is working yet on the new receivers. I've got the new DVR and it's been plugged in about a day and so far the EPG doesn't have any program data in it.

Thanks!

I assume that time would not be a problem for the EPG if the transponder time is off six minutes the EPG should be in synch with the error. However, unless something changes I won't be able to use the EPG for recording. It takes so long for the DVR-1100c to check USB that I would miss program start. I generaly set my timer a minute or so early and overrun by a minute or so. This precludes a sequential timer for another channel.

Reliable recording with or without EPG relies on the correct time being referenced. The Glorystar EPG server references UTC. The uplink center has repeatedly indicated that the encoder is set to reference UTC. We have requested that the engineer resync and look into this reoccurrring issue.

Maybe your USB drive is in a power saving or sleep mode? The test USB drives in our center start recording in 3 - 5 seconds. Try a different drive or see if te drive manufacturer has software for disk management.

I assume that time would not be a problem for the EPG if the transponder time is off six minutes the EPG should be in synch with the error. However, unless something changes I won't be able to use the EPG for recording. It takes so long for the DVR-1100c to check USB that I would miss program start. I generaly set my timer a minute or so early and overrun by a minute or so. This precludes a sequential timer for another channel.

I am having similar problems with both Maxtor OneTouch 4Plus and a Flash Drive. I'll run comparison tests and accurately time the delay on both ends sometime after Christmas and post as a new topic.

I have other fta equipment...

I am considering buying the 1.2 meter dish that Geosat/glorystar/sat AV offers. But I am allready using a Pansat 250sm and a coolsat 5000. Will glorystar epg signal work with either one? My kids love SOAC! Wonderful channel! I am picking up the epg on 105W for Bob jones U and can even pick up someone elses when I watch NASA on 119W. My kids would love to see what is on next.
Wade

I am considering buying the 1.2 meter dish that Geosat/glorystar/sat AV offers. But I am allready using a Pansat 250sm and a coolsat 5000. Will glorystar epg signal work with either one? My kids love SOAC! Wonderful channel! I am picking up the epg on 105W for Bob jones U and can even pick up someone elses when I watch NASA on 119W. My kids would love to see what is on next.
Wade
Try this out -
Smile of a Child TV // Television Program Schedule

or this for much of what is also on Glorystar -
http://www.skyangel.com/Programming/Guide.asp?ws=s&x=003|005|000&~=

I am considering buying the 1.2 meter dish that Geosat/glorystar/sat AV offers. But I am allready using a Pansat 250sm and a coolsat 5000. Will glorystar epg signal work with either one?
Wade
There is NO EPG on GloryStar at this time - supposed to be 1st Q of '09.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)