Epics-HD Movie Reviews

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
So I stopped by Epics - HD tonight channel 122. The movie playing was SOLARIS. Not the new one but the 1972 version of it. Excellent PQ and guess what? It was shown in its Original Aspect Ratio (OAR)!

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• MVC-775F.JPG
    MVC-775F.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 271
  • MVC-776F.JPG
    MVC-776F.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 223
  • MVC-777F.JPG
    MVC-777F.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 255
  • MVC-778F.JPG
    MVC-778F.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 250
  • MVC-780F.JPG
    MVC-780F.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 269
Epic-HD: Les Miserables (1978) Tonight!

SYNOPSIS: Victor Hugo's Jean Valjean steals a loaf of bread and is hounded for life by policeman Javert.

This is a good movie and it will be great to watch it in HD. Epics - HD channel 122.

December 19: 10:00PM, December 20: 6:00AM, 2:00PM

Epic-HD: Two Deaths

SYNOPSIS: Conversation leads to unpleasant memories for guests at a sadistic doctor's dinner party in revolution-torn 1989 Romania. Directed by Nicolas Roeg.

DATE / TIME: December 30: 12:00AM, 8:00AM, 4:00PM

If you never saw this movie, I do not blame you. I am very curious how the heck this movie will look in HD. I saw it on DVD and the DVD 4x3 looked awful. I thought the movie was poorly made but it does have some hot scenes. I guess I will have to wait to see how it is going to look in HD. By the way, I still have the DVD... Do you want to buy from me? :)

Epics-HD: Robbie Williams Live at the Albert Hall

If you are into Frank Sinatra's Song, you cannot miss this concert in HD and DD5.1. The PQ is superb. Best I have seen of any concert. I am going to watch it again as I was switching between it and the football game. Damn this is why I need a PVR/DVR. Don't miss it.

December 27: 6:00PM, December 28: 2:45AM, 10:45AM, January 1: 12:00AM, 8:00AM, 4:00PM

P.S. I am not much into Frank's song. I do not know who Robbie Williams is until today. So if someone can enlighten me, please do. The only thing I can say is Wow that was some awesome PQ!

Epic-HD: Two Deaths

I missed it last night. I won't be able to see it today. If anyone sees it and would like to give us a review of the PQ, please post. It will be shown today at 8:00AM, 4:00PM (eastern time)

"The Cars that Ate Paris" was shown in its OAR last night. I couldn't watch the whole movie. Hope to catch it again.

Eat Drink Man Woman: A 1994 foreign film. Excellent Picture Quality and good movie to watch. I saw in DVD and really like it. Showing now on Epics.

Epics-HD Alert: Europa Europa

I will recommend this movie very strongly. Great movie and great PQ.

Showing on Epics on January 5: 8:00PM January 6: 4:00AM, 12:00PM

Glad I* just read this. Will flip it on. Good Epics post on AVS. Thanks, as always Sean.

If you miss Les Miserables

SYNOPSIS: Victor Hugo's Jean Valjean steals a loaf of bread and is hounded for life by policeman Javert.

It will be shown again on...

January 26: 10:00PM
January 27: 6:00AM, 2:00PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)