Episode number?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hunted Duck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I am really happy I changed from dish to direct. Only thing I miss is the episode number my guide. Any way to reciever that info on direct?

I am really happy I changed from dish to direct. Only thing I miss is the episode number my guide. Any way to reciever that info on direct?

None that I have seen .... they typically give the Name of the show instead.

Only other thing you might be able to do is look up the info on the internet.

It would be nice addition, but it would have to be a Tribune addition, not a D* addition.

Tribune already has it...which is ALSO used by E*. Obviously D* WOULD need to add it for it to appear... ;) ;)

So your saying THAT info is already being supplied to D* and they are not putting in the description ?

I was always under the impression that the Tribune handled the Guide info for the Sat companies.
Your saying D* edits it and they already have the info being requested and purposely NOT putting it in there ?

Maybe D* doesn't pay for that info ?

it is highly possible all info is there but would need to be coded to be shown. i see ep# as a waste of space somewhat if defaulted into the main EPG, but would not oppose it after pressing INFO or something

it is highly possible all info is there but would need to be coded to be shown. i see ep# as a waste of space somewhat if defaulted into the main EPG, but would not oppose it after pressing INFO or something

Thats the way I would want it, into the Info screen.
Thtas the way it is with the Original Date is now.

I was always under the impression that the Tribune handled the Guide info for the Sat companies.
Your saying D* edits it and they already have the info being requested and purposely NOT putting it in there ?

Exactly; the same info is also on zap2it.com, which is Tribune's listing service as well.

This is one of the things I miss - in my recent swap over from Tivo, this benifits folks in three ways
1) The most useful - is quickly sorting out order of episodes that have been recorded - yes you can look it up on the internet but thats a whole seperate step/process etc.

2) Can be useful in sorting out season 2 vs season 3 when original air date is either missing or wonky

3) For distinguishing episodes for stuff without unique names

This is one of the things I miss - in my recent swap over from Tivo, this benifits folks in three ways
1) The most useful - is quickly sorting out order of episodes that have been recorded - yes you can look it up on the internet but thats a whole seperate step/process etc.

2) Can be useful in sorting out season 2 vs season 3 when original air date is either missing or wonky

3) For distinguishing episodes for stuff without unique names

Personally, I don't Record stuff that isn't current (year wise, normally), however, when I record my shows, all are listed by Date Recorded, unless I change that option in the settings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)