Epix & Dish in Talks

Epix has had a mux up on AMC 10 for about a month. There are four HD channels and four SD channels listed. The mux is 90% null pids so I don't think they are actually showing video yet.

Epix has had a mux up on AMC 10 for about a month. There are four HD channels and four SD channels listed. The mux is 90% null pids so I don't think they are actually showing video yet.

Thank you could you give me a weblink to this info?

Thank you.

EPIX Unveils Powerhouse Launch Weekend Lineup

Madonna "Sticky & Sweet: Live from Buenos Aires" Two-Hour Concert Premieres on
October 30th

"Iron Man" and "Eddie Izzard: Live from Wembley" Underscore EPIX Viewer Promise:
Movies, Music and Comedy

EPIX Launch Weekend Movies Eclipse $2.5 Billion in Worldwide Box Office
NEW YORK--(Business Wire)--
EPIX unveiled today its October 30th launch weekend programming lineup featuring
a powerhouse slate of movies with a worldwide box office value of more than $2.5
billion. EPIX`s opening weekend will debut with the worldwide television and
online premieres of an exclusive two-hour special concert event, Madonna "Sticky
& Sweet: Live from Buenos Aires," Marvel`s blockbuster film "Iron Man," and the
exclusive comedy special "Eddie Izzard: Live From Wembley.
More here: EPIX Unveils Powerhouse Launch Weekend Lineup | Reuters

And then again.... maybe not....

The whole joke of the thing is, in 5 years every cable and satellite
company will be carrying this new channel, that they can
charge 10 to 15 dollars a month for, so why not carry the channel
this year and start charging the 10 or 15 dollars to the people that
want the channel?

Dish Network and DirecTV can't charge 10 or 15 dollars a month for BBCA HD.

Will this channel be showing movies commercial free and unedited? Will they maintain OAR?

Epix is a premium movie channel that will compete against HBO,
commercial free movies and original series.

Epix was created by Viacom after they could not reach a new
movie distribution deal with corporate sibling Showtime.

Epix is a premium movie channel that will compete against HBO,
commercial free movies and original series.

Epix was created by Viacom after they could not reach a new
movie distribution deal with corporate sibling Showtime.

Premium, buts wants to be in a basic program package?

Epix was created by Viacom after they could not reach a new movie distribution deal with corporate sibling Showtime.

That doesn't give me much hope on the quality that Epix will bring. All the other networks that Viacom owns pretty much have been destroyed and have lost their niche (TV Land anyone?).

It's not really a "Viacom channel". Viacom owns Paramount, who owns part of EPIX, along with MGM and Lions Gate. NONE of them could come to an agreement with Showtime.

What most people refer to as "Viacom channels" are actually run by MTV Networks. As far as I know, EPIX will not share any management other than a few people at the top...much like Showtime and MTV Networks were operated separately.

Knowing Dish Network's past actions
there is probably zero chance of Dish Network
carrying Epix this year at all?

:cool:Went to EPIXHD.COM and scrolled to the top of the page and clicked the link /Looking for an invite? It took me to another page where i could sign up to get an invite code.They sent me an email saying that this Thursday they will probably send me a code threw email to access EPIXHD movies.I guess Ill have to wait and see what happens then??:cool:I realize the channel doesnt come on until the 30th .

It looks like the distribution feed of Epix HD on AMC 10 is now showing actual video.
They used to have 91% null pids in the mux, but it's now down to 70%. Looks like they have an East and West HD feed up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts