Epix & Dish in Talks

Yesterday I heard that the "deal was almost sealed"

What does that mean? I don't know, but I can tell you I am watching the uplink PC carefully today.

Some of those new HD test channels do have video on them and are not static screens. But since they are scrambled we have no way of knowing whats actually uplinked.

They can add Epix but I won't be watching it . I am not going to pay 9.99 or even 12.99 for a premium channel any longer. The only channel I will pay for is HBO when it is True Blood time to return for a new season. But when I add it I will have to cut back on regular programing , so I won't pay more than I do now.

So, if DISH rolls it out as a basic channel in a package you already have, you still won't watch? Makes sense :rolleyes:

I remember when both Disney and Cartoon Network were premium channels on a crappy no name cable system. What a sad time to be growing up. :(

When I was young,Armstrong Cable in Medina,Ohio used to make Disney channel a premium channel, if you didn't pay for it, it was scrambled, you could hear the sound but the picture was all lines.

If Dish added it to the Gold 250 package that would be a great combo to go with the Encore Theme Channels as well as the TMC Feeds... I had HBO, but downgraded a few days ago since most of the movies we watch come from Netflix... CC

If Dish added it to the Gold 250 package that would be a great combo to go with the Encore Theme Channels as well as the TMC Feeds... I had HBO, but downgraded a few days ago since most of the movies we watch come from Netflix... CC

IF Epix comes to top 250 without an increase in price , I would definitely watch it. I just don't want to pay a premium price for it.

I got the same email from Epix. Maybe it's a sign that negotiations have stalled; BUT, it's certainly better than Dish not being named at all. The email doesn't ask if you're a Direct or Comcast or Uverse customer and it isn't a generic call your provider and ask them to add Epix either. That alone confirms the rumors that Dish is interested in adding this channel. Only time will tell if it actually happens.

IF Epix comes to top 250 without an increase in price , I would definitely watch it. I just don't want to pay a premium price for it.

Agreed. It would be nice to have another channel in Top 250 since ESPN U was placed in a lower package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)