Epix HD Online Viewing

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
So i am on 30 day invite number 3 as I wait for dish network to get their act together and support the online capabilities of Epix. from what i understand, Epix doesn't seem interested in adding Dishnetwork to their list on their website. So why is Dish taking so long?

It is in beta, and they are not letting any one new in as far as I can tell.

If you click on the login button, you can request an invite to join the beta. I submitted my request 3 days ago, but don't have a response yet. Does anyone know if and when they'll increase the number of users of the beta site? Or when they expect the site to come out of beta testing?

Dish wants you to use dishonline.com to access it. If you can login now you can watch all the epix content on there.

You can watch some of the EPIX content there. It doesn't appear that it provides access to the entire library that's available on the EPIX site. Then again, just shortly before my EPIX invite expired, it appeared that access to much of their library was cut back. I tried watching movies that were there just a few days before and were "not available" any longer. Not sure what happened. No one here seemed to have an answer.

You can watch some of the EPIX content there. It doesn't appear that it provides access to the entire library that's available on the EPIX site. Then again, just shortly before my EPIX invite expired, it appeared that access to much of their library was cut back. I tried watching movies that were there just a few days before and were "not available" any longer. Not sure what happened. No one here seemed to have an answer.

Not all of epix's library is available to watch on the site all the time. Its usually just whats showing on TV plus some other random movies. I think they change whats available each month. And for the people that never got an invite, just try logging in with your email address and password you use for your dish account. I tried it with no invite and I got right in and was watching content on there.

Not all of epix's library is available to watch on the site all the time. Its usually just whats showing on TV plus some other random movies. I think they change whats available each month. And for the people that never got an invite, just try logging in with your email address and password you use for your dish account. I tried it with no invite and I got right in and was watching content on there.

I tried that and it doesn't work......

Just go the Epix website and email them. They will ask you what your providers login and password. They will send you via email another 30 day code. It took me less than a day. I've done this twice.

Hope this helps.

They will ask you what your providers login and password.

All I had to do both times was tell them I was a Dish subscriber. AFAIK, they didn't verify that I have Platinum HD (I do) or Dish service at all.

Imagine that -- a company that treats people like they're not con artists by default.

Wow, I honestly didn't even know about DishOnline.com.

Going to dig into it a bit now. Wish I knew about this when I had HD Platinum (for Epix and Epix 2). Oh well.

If you click on the login button, you can request an invite to join the beta. I submitted my request 3 days ago, but don't have a response yet. Does anyone know if and when they'll increase the number of users of the beta site? Or when they expect the site to come out of beta testing?

Done that twice over the past months since Epix was added... Never a response. Anyone that has Dishonline access. Does it support the watch with friends option as well? If not, fail on dishes part, and perhaps another reason for me to waste their money on toll free phone calls to see if customer service can explain their deficiencies. So far, if fios ever dares to compete in this market, dish will be dumped.

Does it support the watch with friends option as well?

Doesn't appear to. It is in Beta, so maybe features such as this will be added in future upgrades.

My hope is that they continue to add features and functionality as things progress. I like having the capability, but it can be so much more if they do it right.

i just went to Epix website and registered with epix, created a login and didnt activate anything dish related and it allows me to watch all the movies on EPIX site.

Doesn't appear to. It is in Beta, so maybe features such as this will be added in future upgrades.

My hope is that they continue to add features and functionality as things progress. I like having the capability, but it can be so much more if they do it right.

The crazy thing is it doesn't need to be in beta. There is already a system for all of that to work at EpixHD - Big On Any Screen. Why they are trying to re-invent it I have no idea.

I've pretty much cut back so much service that this is the last thing that could keep me hanging on. If they screw it up, there is literally nothing they have that I couldn't get from any other TV provider.

Why not look for yourself to see if they are unlocked..... :confused:

Well maybe cause I did and now I'm try to find out why it didn't work.

Also can you tell me how your post was helpful. :confused:

Well let's see..... I have the the everything and platinum packages and when I go to DishOnline I see all the channels available and for those channels that you need a subscription to, they show "unlocked" in green in the upper left hand corner of the item you would like to watch. I have to assume that, if they are not available to you, you would see a red "locked" in the same area.

Now, how helpful were you when you asked the question. You didn't mention that you have already looked. You only asked if you could watch EPIX with an Absolute subscription.

If it's locked, you can't watch it, if it's not, you can... It's that simple.

Well let's see..... I have the the everything and platinum packages and when I go to DishOnline I see all the channels available and for those channels that you need a subscription to, they show "unlocked" in green in the upper left hand corner of the item you would like to watch. I have to assume that, if they are not available to you, you would see a red "locked" in the same area.

Now, how helpful were you when you asked the question. You didn't mention that you have already looked. You only asked if you could watch EPIX with an Absolute subscription.

If it's locked, you can't watch it, if it's not, you can... It's that simple.
Well does that tell me if Dish who included the channels with Absolute but they may have decided not to let use it on the web. For what ever reason.
Or do I need to call dish and say WTF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)