EPIX online content not available to free for a year Platinum customers

papita

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Puerto Rico
I noticed that the EPIX content on "www.dishonline.com" was "Locked" for my account. I am subscribed to AEP and got the free for a year Platinum out of the 30 years celebration. I guessed that must be an error but I chat with a Tier 2 Tech Support that told me that the free for a year Platinum customers could not access the Epix content on "www.dishonline.com" See the following chat transcript for details...

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Manuel (ID: X2U): Hello Eduardo.
Manuel (ID: X2U): How may I help you today?
Eduardo Bravo: I wanted to know if I could access Epix online content on "www.dishonline.com" out of my free for 1 year Platinum package...right now access to Epix content is blocked on "www.dishonline.com"
Manuel (ID: X2U): I will be happy to assist you with your request.
Manuel (ID: X2U): Please give me a moment to research.
Manuel (ID: X2U): Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Manuel (ID: X2U): I am sorry to inform that currently we do not carry EPIX content on "www.dishonline.com" website.
Eduardo Bravo: It is right there beside HBO...HBO content I could access without problem...
Manuel (ID: X2U): Okay.
Eduardo Bravo: It is "Locked" for my account (the Epix content). I think that if I have Platinum Package i should be able to access Epix content on "www.dishonline.com"
Manuel (ID: X2U): I understand your concern Eduardo.
Eduardo Bravo: Okay
Manuel (ID: X2U): I am sorry to inform that you cannot access Epix content on dishonline.com.
Manuel (ID: X2U): We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and we appreciate your input. I will forward your comments and concerns to the proper department.
Eduardo Bravo: The free Platinum for a year customers do not get the Epix content on "www.dishonline.com" ?
Eduardo Bravo: Can you transfer me to the proper department?
Eduardo Bravo: this chat session...
Manuel (ID: X2U): I will help you with that issue.
Manuel (ID: X2U): For security purposes, Would you please verify the 4 digit PIN on the account?
Eduardo Bravo: ----
Manuel (ID: X2U): Thank you.
Manuel (ID: X2U): Please be on chat while I get you connected to the specialized team for further assistance.
Manuel (ID: X2U) has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (17) Tier 2 Tech Support department to assist you.
Thank you for contacting Tier 2 Tech Support. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to review the information you have already provided.
Jennifer (ID: U61): Thank you.
Jennifer (ID: U61): I do apologize; there is a known issue with our online services. We are actively working to get this back up and running for you. We appreciate your patience and apologize about any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Jennifer (ID: U61): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
Eduardo Bravo: Yes I have had some trouble logging in...but...
Eduardo Bravo: when I was able to log in...
Jennifer (ID: U61): Ok.
Eduardo Bravo: the Epix content on my account was "Locked"...
Jennifer (ID: U61): That is correct. If you are subscribed to any free content, then it will not be available online as a part of your programming options.
Jennifer (ID: U61): Content available varies according to your DISH Network subscription. If a movie or show says upgrade in the top left corner of the thumbnail, you will need to upgrade your subscription to watch it.
Eduardo Bravo: so the customers that got free Platinum for a year cannot get the Epix online content on "www.dishonline.com" (I cannot upgrade, I already have Platinum)...
Jennifer (ID: U61): I apologize but that is correct.
Eduardo Bravo: Weird ?!?
Jennifer (ID: U61): I know I said the same thing myself when I came across the same situation.
Jennifer (ID: U61): I apologize for the inconvenience.
Jennifer (ID: U61): We always appreciate feedback from our customers. You can send us comments by clicking the feedback link at the bottom of the website.
Eduardo Bravo: LOL !!!
Eduardo Bravo: Ok thank you, bye
Jennifer (ID: U61): I’m sorry you had to take time out of your day to chat with us, but I’m glad we were able to resolve your Dishonline.com questions.
Jennifer (ID: U61): Thank you for chatting with DISH Network, have a wonderful day!
Thank you for visiting DISH Network. You may now close this window.

I think that free Platinum for a year customers should have access to EPIX content on "www.dishonline.com". Dish CSR's any comments?

Dish is like a whore house you have to pay to play.

I brought this up in a local google tv thing dish was holding for resellers .

Q. With dishonline why cant customers watch epix or stars if they have it as a promo ?
A. Thank you for asking that. Yes you can search dishonline with google tv and watch programing you subscribe to ..

They always want to know whats going on with customers and how to offer a better experince but turn the deaf ear when you talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)