EPIX?

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
I get that CH since I have everythingpak, and I real like this channel. The HD quality real clear and plays newer movies in 5.1, plus just like good o HDMOVIES don’t have channel icon on the corner screen. I liked it more then those stupid new channels we go couple months ago RETRO & INDIE channels.. Anyway Epix is real good and #2 after HDMOVIES to my list!
But didn’t like the SHORTSHD tho.wish they get that monsterHD & KongfuHD
back some how, i really missed those channels :(
Anyway if you have it what u Think about EPIX?”

I get that CH since I have everythingpak, and I real like this channel. The HD quality real clear and plays newer movies in 5.1, plus just like good o HDMOVIES don’t have channel icon on the corner screen. I liked it more then those stupid new channels we go couple months ago RETRO & INDIE channels.. Anyway Epix is real good and #2 after HDMOVIES to my list!
But didn’t like the SHORTSHD tho.wish they get that monsterHD & KongfuHD
back some how, i really missed those channels :(
Anyway if you have it what u Think about EPIX?”

I'm pretty happy with it. I know some people were upset that they don't show new releases OAR, but it seems like everything else is presented in the proper aspect. Picture quality is good. I'm happy with any new channel that shows movies, especially classic ones, so, cool.

I get it now at my level (SilverHD + Platinum, or whatever it's called these days). I've clicked through it a couple of times but haven't watched anything yet to be able to rate PQ/AQ. But I'm glad to 'hear' it's DD5.1 capable. Seems to me that many HD channels are still giving us only a 2-ch audio feed, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

As above...More is better...!

Friday April 30th 8:00 PM Eastern
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Thursday May 6th 8:00 PM Eastern
Iron Man

Should I be getting EPIX? I have "America's Everything Pak" & "GOLD HD".

Thanks
DICK

Yes, you should be receiving EPIX HD on channel 380. I hope that helps. The only requirement that I know of for EPIX HD is Platinum HD. If you are being charged $10 for Gold HD without the Platinum HD add-on, then you need to switch the Gold HD to Gold & Platinum HD for the same price of $10/month in order to get EPIX HD. I hope that helps; let us know how that goes.

Epix was launched less than a year ago, and it was designed from the start as an ALL HD content--no SD, they claim--service and that along with some recent movies, there are supposed to have a few premiers, meaning HBO, Showtime, Starz will NOT have the premiere, only Epix. So, this channel seems to have taken the HDNet Movies model, if you will. All HD, and high quality audio to meet the HD enthusiasts desires. Of course, we shall see.

For what it is worth, back several months ago, Cinemax announced that it will only air movies in HD, all HD, always HD. This is not the case with HBO, Showtime, Movie Channel, or Starz.

Wow, they actually play good movies? The two times I've passed they had on drillbit Taylor and a Brian bosworth movie. Even HD won't persuade me to watch that trash

Yes, you should be receiving EPIX HD on channel 380. I hope that helps. The only requirement that I know of for EPIX HD is Platinum HD. If you are being charged $10 for Gold HD without the Platinum HD add-on, then you need to switch the Gold HD to Gold & Platinum HD for the same price of $10/month in order to get EPIX HD. I hope that helps; let us know how that goes.

My wife called them today and they changed it to Platinum for a one time $5 fee.
I have her call these places because when my BS meter goes off so do I. And then nothing gets done. :rolleyes:

DICK

My wife called them today and they changed it to Platinum for a one time $5 fee.
I have her call these places because when my BS meter goes off so do I. And then nothing gets done. :rolleyes:

DICK

You should not have been charged $5 to upgrade your programming package. That fee is only for a programming downgrade (which didn't happen here).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)