Equipment for dish access in a RV

Person21727

Original poster
Dec 14, 2018
I’ll going to purchase or lease equipment for dish access on the road. I’m.pretty sure I’ll be purchasing a Winegard PA6002R dish. I’m looking at the V211 receiver.

Questions; is the V211 the same as the VIP211?

Will the PA6002r support 2 receivers, and each receiver can view different shows on different satellites?

Can I purchase a V211 receiver direct from Dish?

I’m currently a Dish customer. I’ll be moving to a different location almost daily. Both the east and west coast.

I can't tell you about the Wineguard,, but a 211 is a VIP211, but most likely, they'll sell you a Wally from Dish. You can ask, but I think if it's truly a 211 you want, you'll have tto go through a retailer and if you do that, you'll want a VIP 211K, not a 211Z. The K's are just better and have built-in OTA Modulators so you can use an OTA Antenna for locals.

If you get a Wally, you'll need a USB OTA Adapter for an OTA Antenna. Wally's are Dual Tuner Receivers. Either one, 211 or Wally is, I believe, $50.00 to purchase from Dish

I can tell you the new Tailgaters will support either receiver and work on the 110,, 119 and 129 - Western Arc and the 61.5 - Eastern Arc. From Dish, I think the newest Tailgater is $249.00 and supports 2 receivers

Reactions: charlesrshell
The correct name is VIP211 which has been succeeded by the Wally.

No dome dish of any brand will support multiple satellite viewing at the same time.

Only the Winegard Trav'ler or RF Mogul Eagle automatic roof dishes or a ground tripod with the appropriate dish will support multiple satellite viewing.,

For a Dish portable dome to use with the VIP 211's or Wally, the PA 6002R (Pathway X2) is a good choice since it "sees" all of the eastern and western arc sats.

I can't tell you about the Wineguard,, but a 211 is a VIP211, but most likely, they'll sell you a Wally from Dish. You can ask, but I think if it's truly a 211 you want, you'll have tto go through a retailer and if you do that, you'll want a VIP 211K, not a 211Z. The K's are just better and have built-in OTA Modulators so you can use an OTA Antenna for locals.

If you get a Wally, you'll need a USB OTA Adapter for an OTA Antenna. Wally's are Dual Tuner Receivers. Either one, 211 or Wally is, I believe, $50.00 to purchase from Dish

I can tell you the new Tailgaters will support either receiver and work on the 110,, 119 and 129 - Western Arc and the 61.5 - Eastern Arc. From Dish, I think the newest Tailgater is $249.00 and supports 2 receivers

the wally from DISH is $119.00 not $50.00..................................

Reactions: JSheridan
I am not up to speed for satellite TV in RVs. So sorry if this has been posted before. I have a relative that just purchased a Mercedes RV. It came with a Winegard Road Trip T4 dish. What receivers will work with this dish? Will a Hopper 3 work?

The Winegard Road Trip T4 is single satellite at a time in-motion dome style dish. It will not work with any of the Hopper receivers. It will work with the Wally or VIP211 receivers, but it's a western arc only dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’ve read that some receivers have a RG6 cable limitation of 25 feet. What is the cable length limit for a Wally? Sat to receiver.

I’ve read that some receivers have a RG6 cable limitation of 25 feet. What is the cable length limit for a Wally? Sat to receiver.

The short length limitation is the fault of the portable dish model being used, not the receiver. As I recall, the Wally has the same 200' length limit as the Hoppers for open face dishes like the 1000.2, but the automatic portables like the Tailgater draw more power and are more sensitive to voltage drop, so some don't do well with lengths beyond 25'.

The short length limitation is the fault of the portable dish model being used, not the receiver. As I recall, the Wally has the same 200' length limit as the Hoppers for open face dishes like the 1000.2, but the automatic portables like the Tailgater draw more power and are more sensitive to voltage drop, so some don't do well with lengths beyond 25'.

I don’t think it’s the signal, but rather getting switch commands back to the dish

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts